Tomy2Tone

Re: Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #2160 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:34 pm »
Nice brother love!

Dilly Dilly!

SFDude

« Reply #2161 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:56 pm »
YASSSSSSSSSSS! The Eagles are landing!!!

Can't wait to get mine and assemble it.

Thanks so much Mike for getting this setup, ALL the hard work you put into organizing the kits and making them available to us. Exciting to hear impressions threads get started.

I'm also thinking about getting some Stillpoints ERS cloth for line the case for EMI/RFI shielding. Is anyone also considering this? I've had good experience with them in the past for other older gear (boy did they need them) but not sure they will be needed here.

-dave

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2162 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:23 am »
Hi Bunky,

I’m not sure what your real name is, but what wasn’t dropped off today will be dropped off Monday. Anything I dropped off today will sit there at the depot until Monday and arrive at homes the same day as amps dropped off Monday.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2163 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:25 am »
The eagle has landed! 

Box intact after long journey from BC to Knoxville, TN

Well packed, took a good while to unwrap everything.

Couple hours to assemble case & finish remaining connectors not already done by Mike.

Success!  Music playing ... let the burn-in process commence. I'll post this weekend in the "amp listening impressions" thread after I get some run time & take this thing around the block a time or two.

Excellent! I can’t wait to hear your listening impressions!

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2164 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:30 am »
YASSSSSSSSSSS! The Eagles are landing!!!

Can't wait to get mine and assemble it.

Thanks so much Mike for getting this setup, ALL the hard work you put into organizing the kits and making them available to us. Exciting to hear impressions threads get started.

I'm also thinking about getting some Stillpoints ERS cloth for line the case for EMI/RFI shielding. Is anyone also considering this? I've had good experience with them in the past for other older gear (boy did they need them) but not sure they will be needed here.

-dave

No problem. Just keep in mind that any dampening material will act as a blanket and trap heat into the case. A better solution is to just buy one of the heavier standard or SE cases if you want superior vibration dampening.

Jon L

« Reply #2165 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:16 am »

-dave

I eventually ended up removing all the ERS cloth from equipment I installed them in (and even liked the results I thought).  It does change the sound, very similar to sound changes one gets by adding more shielding material to say, cables.  Obviously, the end result depends entirely on the specific EMI/RFI environment and personal tastes.  It's probably worth trying, small amount at time, at strategic places first.  Reminder that the cut edges of ERS are conductive, so make sure the edges have no chance of accidentally touching anything  :o

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2166 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:20 am »
I eventually ended up removing all the ERS cloth from equipment I installed them in (and even liked the results I thought).  It does change the sound, very similar to sound changes one gets by adding more shielding material to say, cables.  Obviously, the end result depends entirely on the specific EMI/RFI environment and personal tastes.  It's probably worth trying, small amount at time, at strategic places first.  Reminder that the cut edges of ERS are conductive, so make sure the edges have no chance of accidentally touching anything  :o

Also may be a good idea to use an infrared temp gun to take before and after idle case temps directly under the module on the bottom of the case with and without the material. Anything that hinders the cooling properties of the chassis isn’t a good thing.

uncola

« Reply #2167 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:30 am »
Hey Mike just sent you an email..    I got diagnosed with diabetes this week :(  :(

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2168 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:42 am »
Hey Mike just sent you an email..    I got diagnosed with diabetes this week :(  :(

Sorry to hear. Email responded to.

JakeJ

« Reply #2169 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:58 am »

Sorry to hear this, uncola.  Hopefully they caught it early and you are still Type I or II.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2170 on: 13 Jan 2018, 02:04 am »
I made a new thread for all Takachi kit based feedback. I don’t want new folks to the thread thinking that the products selling moving forward are still kits. So best to keep all kit related talk in 1 place.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154994.new#new

uncola

« Reply #2171 on: 13 Jan 2018, 02:15 am »
thanks JakeJ, yeah it's a real wake up call.  I've been telling all the people in my life I love them and value them.  It's caught early but I had some kind of weird attack that I thought was sleep apnea and I felt dreadful for a couple days, couldn't concentrate enough to listen to music or even watch tv.  Just sit numbly praying for the feeling to go away.  Blood tests showed I'm diabetic now.  After twice daily exercise and super strict diet for a few days I feel back to my old self but I'm going to have to make radical changes to my whole life.  I wish I hadn't gained the 60 pounds I gained over the last 2 years now :(   everyone quit drinking soda and start walking or bench pressing krell amps(they won't be in service after you hear mike's amp)

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2172 on: 13 Jan 2018, 02:19 am »
thanks JakeJ, yeah it's a real wake up call.  I've been telling all the people in my life I love them and value them.  It's caught early but I had some kind of weird attack that I thought was sleep apnea and I felt dreadful for a couple days, couldn't concentrate enough to listen to music or even watch tv.  Just sit numbly praying for the feeling to go away.  Blood tests showed I'm diabetic now.  After twice daily exercise and super strict diet for a few days I feel back to my old self but I'm going to have to make radical changes to my whole life.  I wish I hadn't gained the 60 pounds I gained over the last 2 years now :(   everyone quit drinking soda and start walking or bench pressing krell amps(they won't be in service after you hear mike's amp)

That’s awful news uncola. I wish you all the best moving forward. Every day treatment keeps getting better with innovation. Just try to keep a positive mindset.

mresseguie

« Reply #2173 on: 13 Jan 2018, 02:34 am »
Uncola,

PM sent.

uncola

« Reply #2174 on: 13 Jan 2018, 03:21 am »
thanks for all the well wishes guys, good to know audiophiles care :)

SFDude

« Reply #2175 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:31 am »
thanks for all the well wishes guys, good to know audiophiles care :)

Rooting for a healthier lifestyle and LONG life for you. Tough to find out but definitely a wake up call to treat your body like a temple.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2176 on: 13 Jan 2018, 05:46 am »
Everyone is patiently waiting for listening impressions :). I knew after 30 minutes I liked the amp. So these guys must have formed some initial opinions by now. Although it was sounding better at Paul’s after running it 1 day around the clock.

MttBsh

« Reply #2177 on: 13 Jan 2018, 07:13 am »
Everyone is patiently waiting for listening impressions :). I knew after 30 minutes I liked the amp. So these guys must have formed some initial opinions by now. Although it was sounding better at Paul’s after running it 1 day around the clock.

I'm thinking they're so stunned by the addicting sound of the amp that they can't break away long enough to post an impression .... :lol:

k6davis

« Reply #2178 on: 13 Jan 2018, 07:21 am »
I'm thinking they're so stunned by the addicting sound of the amp that they can't break away long enough to post an impression .... :lol:

That's only funny because sometimes it's true. Plus they probably want to form their thoughts to be able to say what it is they like about it and how it compares to what they've heard before.

mresseguie

« Reply #2179 on: 13 Jan 2018, 08:50 am »
It might help if we establish an incentive.

One round trip ticket to scenic Kelowna, BC to the first owner of the Takachi case amps to report his/her impressions!

or

One bottle of The Dalmore 12 year old single malt Scotch Whiskey!

or

One 60 minute shiatsu foot massage at 足之林 Massage in Taoyuan, Taiwan. Sorry. Round trip fare not included.

or

Something else, but it's got to be rated PG as there may be children watching.

Just brainstorming here..... :thumb:

Or something along these lines....