Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before

Carlo7

Re: Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #2140 on: 12 Jan 2018, 04:39 pm »
Mike,  how long for the standard. ?
And has anyone ordered from the new york new jersey areas.

Thanks carlo7

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2141 on: 12 Jan 2018, 04:45 pm »
All Lot 5 amps will start shipping mid February. There’s a few heading that way.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2142 on: 12 Jan 2018, 08:50 pm »
Bill C’s fully assembled Takachi kit ready to go!

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2143 on: 12 Jan 2018, 08:54 pm »
For the folks who I haven’t shipped to yet. I’m working on them. Way more time consuming than I thought. This is why next time every cable will be ready to go by the time the cases are ready. I screwed up this time because it was the first run and I had the cable lengths wrong. Plus I now have a full time helper starting Monday. A bunch will go out today though.

GETRDUN

« Reply #2144 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:15 pm »

So this is the finished product with a black case? That is a lot of aluminum for such a small circuit board!  :scratch: Are the 2 connectors above the speaker post rca? Thanks!

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2145 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:20 pm »
So this is the finished product with a black case? That is a lot of aluminum for such a small circuit board!  :scratch: Is that a 2-channel amp? Thanks!

This is the Takachi kit. Yes these are RCA's.

My new amps will use higher end cases. But I still have 35 Takachi cases I'll be selling amps for a discount using them. $899 in silver, and $939 in black. Fully assembled. 10 year warranty. All standard parts.

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #2146 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:25 pm »
Bavmike, I’m not in the market for an amp but have been following this thread. Will be very interested in the feedback BUT one thing I have to tell you is that your dedication, never ending energy, excitement, knowledge and hard work are something very admirable. You should take a minute and be very proud

Photon46

« Reply #2147 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:27 pm »
There is a lot of empty space in the case but it's hardly the first example of this I've seen. Think about it, what is the alternative? The width of the case is the only variable. If you make it only as wide as necessary to hold the module, then it potentially becomes unstable with the heavy speaker cables that many of us use. If one uses aftermarket footers, that is another potential for becoming unstable or unbalanced easily with a narrow case. Unless one has a half width preamp, what are you going to do with the additional space in your rack that a narrower case gives you?

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2148 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:28 pm »
Bavmike, I’m not in the market for an amp but have been following this thread. Will be very interested in the feedback BUT one thing I have to tell you is that your dedication, never ending energy, excitement, knowledge and hard work are something very admirable. You should take a minute and be very proud

Thanks! I sure am exhausted after this last week! But I can't rest until all these Takachi kits are out. I have to go to Vancouver next week to work on machining the new panels for my next cases.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2149 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:30 pm »
There is a lot of empty space in the case but it's hardly the first example of this I've seen. Think about it, what is the alternative? The width of the case is the only variable. If you make it only as wide as necessary to hold the module, then it potentially becomes unstable with the heavy speaker cables that many of us use. If one uses aftermarket footers, that is another potential for becoming unstable or unbalanced easily with a narrow case. Unless one has a half width preamp, what are you going to do with the additional space in your rack that a narrower case gives you?

It's better to let the amp breathe and have more aluminum surface area for cooling. The amp at Paul's place was barely warm to the touch on the top, and on the bottom where the heat sink attaches in the middle, it wasn't hot at all.

raddar

« Reply #2150 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:25 pm »
There are some amps out there that measure  9.25" W by 20" D by 9" H. I have no problem with a narrow case, still plenty of heat transfer for the module.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2151 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:28 pm »
There are some amps out there that measure  9.25" W by 20" D by 9" H. I have no problem with a narrow case, still plenty of heat transfer for the module.

The biggest complaint I got from my streamer and DAC was they were too small to match the rest of people’s gear. Also for my upcoming DAC/Pre in matching case, I’m going to need that much space.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2152 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm »
Well a bunch of people have their kits already. We will see who’s first to comment. Although I don’t know if some of them even post on forums.

billc

« Reply #2153 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:43 pm »

Awesome, Mike!  Looks great!  I appreciate the preview, and for upping the anticipation level exponentially.   :D. Thank you again for all your hard work, dedication, and careful thought about this, and future, designs.

BillC

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2154 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm »
Awesome, Mike!  Looks great!  I appreciate the preview, and for upping the anticipation level exponentially.   :D. Thank you again for all your hard work, dedication, and careful thought about this, and future, designs.

BillC

No problem. Just dropped it off at DHL.

GETRDUN

« Reply #2155 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm »
Thanks Mike! I appreciate your blood, sweat, and tears in these amps! I am excited and looking forward to reading what the forum members here, that have ordered these amps, have to say about the sound quality! I am guessing that those responses would be posted here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154910.msg1657258#new

Was wondering about the first 4 batches that were already ordered? Has anyone received them as of yet, or will they be getting their amps soon? Thanks

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2156 on: 12 Jan 2018, 10:54 pm »
Thanks Mike! I appreciate your blood, sweat, and tears in these amps! I am excited and looking forward to reading what the forum members here, that have ordered these amps, have to say about the sound quality! I am guessing that those responses would be posted here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154910.msg1657258#new

Was wondering about the first 4 batches that were already ordered? Has anyone received them as of yet, or will they be getting their amps soon? Thanks

Quite a few just got dropped off within the last hour or 2. Not sure who everyone is or if they’re Audiocircle members or not though.

brother love

« Reply #2157 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm »
The eagle has landed! 

Box intact after long journey from BC to Knoxville, TN

Well packed, took a good while to unwrap everything.

Couple hours to assemble case & finish remaining connectors not already done by Mike.

Success!  Music playing ... let the burn-in process commence. I'll post this weekend in the "amp listening impressions" thread after I get some run time & take this thing around the block a time or two.

Samac

« Reply #2158 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:31 pm »
Sweet, brother love. That looks great. Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to your listening impressions. Have fun.

Cheers,

Scott

bunky

« Reply #2159 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm »
Nice ! if I had known that the kits would ship first I probably would have ordered a kit instead of the fully assembled amp. I doubt that mine will make it to DHL today.