Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before

bavmike

• Facilitator
Re: Icepower 1200AS amp. Class D like you've never heard before
« Reply #2120 on: 11 Jan 2018, 05:20 pm »
Mike,

Website link for the switches?

That’s s secret. I don’t want everyone buying up the available inventory. Trust me it’s a good switch that looks as pictured and functions like that switch in the video I posted a few pages back. Just need to touch it.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2121 on: 11 Jan 2018, 05:37 pm »
Just to be clear. The design of the Purepower, and Purepower SE in both 2 and 6 channel is finalized. There won’t be any more changes. The aluminum for the front/rear panels is being loaded on the waterjet machine to get cut right now. I’ll be posting pictures later today on the case thread. This thread can pretty much retire now. Further discussion can happen on the new threads.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154913.0

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154910.0

Don_S

« Reply #2122 on: 11 Jan 2018, 05:53 pm »
That’s s secret. I don’t want everyone buying up the available inventory. Trust me it’s a good switch that looks as pictured and functions like that switch in the video I posted a few pages back. Just need to touch it.

Mike,  I was not questioning quality.  I was hoping for more pictures to compare blue with cyan.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2123 on: 11 Jan 2018, 06:05 pm »
Mike,  I was not questioning quality.  I was hoping for more pictures to compare blue with cyan.

They don't have pictures of the switch with all colors. I'll post pictures when I get the switches.

ohenry

« Reply #2124 on: 11 Jan 2018, 08:06 pm »
Hey Mike, I got the DHL tracking where you submitted my kit to them on Monday.  It appears to still be sitting in BC at DHL with no action after three days.  Is this normal?  I'm not too worried about it, it just seems a little long with no progress.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2125 on: 11 Jan 2018, 08:09 pm »
Hey Mike, I got the DHL tracking where you submitted my kit to them on Monday.  It appears to still be sitting in BC at DHL with on action after three days.  Is this normal?  I'm not too worried about it, it just seems a little long with no progress.

No it’s because I generated the waybill and haven’t taken them all there yet. Sorry way behind. It will update tonight after I drop it off.

billc

« Reply #2126 on: 11 Jan 2018, 09:44 pm »
Same here Mike.  No rush, just wanted to be sure it was not lost somewhere. 
When do you think it might ship?

Thank you for all your amazing work on this project!!!  I can't wait to hear the amp!

Bill

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2127 on: 11 Jan 2018, 09:52 pm »
Same here Mike.  No rush, just wanted to be sure it was not lost somewhere. 
When do you think it might ship?

Thank you for all your amazing work on this project!!!  I can't wait to hear the amp!

Bill

I'm working on them right now.  I've been putting in 12-16 hour days since the cases arrived. Last few days I've had to put time into the waterjet cutting of the new cases. I'm going to drop 10 more off before DHL closes today and that leaves me with only 8 more. Yours is one of the assembled ones I think. I'm building the assembled ones tonight and dropping them off tomorrow.   

ohenry

« Reply #2128 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:00 pm »
I'm working on them right now.  I've been putting in 12-16 hour days since the cases arrived. Last few days I've had to put time into the waterjet cutting of the new cases. I'm going to drop 10 more off before DHL closes today and that leaves me with only 8 more...

It's not a problem for me, so don't feel that I'm pressuring you.  I know you've been swamped and I have no complaints.  I once waited 1.5 years to get a tube amp kit and when I got it, it was a mess.  :lol:

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2129 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:10 pm »
It's not a problem for me, so don't feel that I'm pressuring you.  I know you've been swamped and I have no complaints.  I once waited 1.5 years to get a tube amp kit and when I got it, it was a mess.  :lol:

Yours is boxed up and shipping tonight. I also waited to build the Furtech power cables because I wanted to make 100% sure of the length after the cases arrived. They are very time consuming as well. But beautiful cables!

gab

« Reply #2130 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:19 pm »
Yours is boxed up and shipping tonight. I also waited to build the Furtech power cables because I wanted to make 100% sure of the length after the cases arrived. They are very time consuming as well. But beautiful cables!

Your're not using Moma's granite island countertops for production work are you?  :nono: :D

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2131 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:20 pm »
Your're not using Moma's granite island countertops for production work are you?  :nono: :D

Of course. No better workshop than the kitchen :)

TomS

« Reply #2132 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:27 pm »
How do you jam 10g wire into an 18g VH JST, just shave some strands?

ohenry

« Reply #2133 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:45 pm »
Really nice work on the cables, Mike.  Your interpretation of a "kit" is way different from mine.  That's a good thing.   :)

The cool part is that all the extra work ensures these amps will be of uniformly high quality and sound similar.  Also, it will make life easier for you down the road because many wrong turns have been prevented.  The kit guys got spoiled this time. 

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2134 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:51 pm »
How do you jam 10g wire into an 18g VH JST, just shave some strands?

It's 16 gauge. I cut down the top half of the stripped wire to 16 gauge. Then I crimp  the top crimp. Then the strain relief crimp fits around the 10 gauge. I crimp it on, then silver solder the whole thing right up to to past the contact. I don't think you can do better than this:

These won't be falling off.

TomS

« Reply #2135 on: 11 Jan 2018, 10:53 pm »
Thanks, pretty tricky stuff  :thumb:

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #2136 on: 12 Jan 2018, 09:15 am »
I think it would be a good idea to add a sticker with the serial number for a correct identification of the components used and the production date. On the bottom?

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2137 on: 12 Jan 2018, 01:06 pm »
All of the SE’s and standards will be the same, other than color and power button LED color. But I’ll put a serial # on them.

bavmike

• Facilitator
« Reply #2138 on: 12 Jan 2018, 01:16 pm »
I’m going to have over 100 extra cases built by the end of the month for Lot 5. Along with 70 amp modules in stock. Because of this when I open Lot 5 next week, I’ll just be opening for full orders. No deposits. Lot 5 amps will begin shipping in mid February. We will only be shipping 5 amps per day after all of the cases arrive finished from the anodizer. Orders will be shipped out in the order they were received. My new employee is starting full time on Monday getting all the cables harness inventory stocked up. Speaker wires pre-silver soldered to the binding posts etc. So we will easily be able to handle building and shipping 5 amps per day once the cases parts arrive. 

spence

« Reply #2139 on: 12 Jan 2018, 02:49 pm »
Looking forward to seeing the etching/engraving!