DIY HiRez Minimum Phase DAC

HAL

Re: DIY HiRez Minimum Phase DAC
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jul 2016, 07:55 pm »
Better picture of the DIY HiRez DAC.

HAL

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jul 2016, 10:34 pm »
Just dropped off the HAL DIY DAC and Netook Music Server with the DCAudioDIY folks at CAF2016 in room 218.   

Once they get setup, will get it running.  They have lots of music so stop on by for a listen.

HAL

« Reply #22 on: 9 Jul 2016, 03:02 am »
Got to hear the DIY DAC in the DCAudioDIY room today.  I think it came in handy.

Sounded very good with some Louis Armstrong replay on the system.  They have more hours on it now that I do!   :thumb:

HAL

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2016, 10:03 am »
Hope folks that go to the show give some feedback on the DIY DAC if they get to hear it in the system in 218.

This project was to show folks how to get started with a simple DAC project that will playback all PCM rates up to DXD with an asynchronous USB computer interface.  My hope is it will inspire folks that think it is to hard to build electronics to give it a try. 

Disclaimer is that you are working with AC line voltages so the first time it is a very good idea to ask someone to look it over and check for problems before plugging it in to AC power.  That it is why the DCAudioDIY folks are a great group to help folks try things. 

The ASUS Netbook was a refurbished unit that came with Windows 7 Starter for $129.00.  I just did the free Windows 10 upgrade.  The entire music server and DIY HiRez DAC was under $300.

HAL

« Reply #24 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:57 pm »
Got the DIY DAC out and installed a TI(NS) LME49720 dual opamp to replace the AD827 that comes stock in the unit.  That was a nice sonic upgrade. 

Also have a NS LM4562 and two single Burson discrete opamps to try once I have built an adaptor to connect it to the PC Board.  The area around the DAC chip socket is to small to fit the Bursons.  These are the generation one back from the present Burson design, so will be interesting.  They are supposed to be a direct replacement for the AD827's.  Will probably add bypass caps to the extender board, since it now will add a few inches of wire.  Want to keep stability with the new change.

More once I get the adaptors built.

HAL

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jul 2016, 10:01 pm »
Just received an AK4495S DAC board to test with the DIY DAC and the Amanero USB board to compare to the AK4490EQ.

Will be building the Burson opamp module adaptors next week. 

HAL

« Reply #26 on: 10 Aug 2016, 04:11 pm »
Enjoy The Music.com just posted Kemper Holt's write-up of the CAF2016 DCAudioDIY room.

Had some nice comments on the overall room and the DIY DAC as well.

http://enjoythemusic.com/Capital_Audiofest_2016/DC_DIY_Audio_Club/