BryFi

TJ-Sully

Re: BryFi
« Reply #140 on: 23 Dec 2017, 02:16 pm »
https://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/Hands-OnReview:BrystonBryFiBW-1Wireless/NetworkedSpeaker.html

great review....i loved this quote:
"On "Umteyo," the final cut in jazz trumpeter Ambrose Akinmusire's fabulous new album A Rift in Decorum: Live From the Village Vanguard (Blue Note, 24/88.2 download), the Bry-Fi absolutely kicked ass."   :thumb:

TJ-Sully

« Reply #141 on: 13 Jan 2018, 01:45 am »
hi james, of all the Bryston products over the last 5 years or so, which product model has been the most economically successful for Bryston?  :thumb:
TJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #142 on: 13 Jan 2018, 10:04 am »
hi james, of all the Bryston products over the last 5 years or so, which product model has been the most economically successful for Bryston?  :thumb:
TJ

In terms of profit margin or numbers sold?

james

TJ-Sully

« Reply #143 on: 13 Jan 2018, 09:16 pm »
both, if you're able to say....but i'm thinking overall success. however you wish to measure it. :)

T

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #144 on: 14 Jan 2018, 11:18 am »
Hi

Ok ... we put the same markup on all our products based on making a margin large enough to sustain the business.  I know some will price their products based on what they think the market will bear.

So from a sales stand point the 2 most successful in the last few years has been the DAC's and the Speakers - although the new Cubed amplifiers are really doing well so far.

james

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #145 on: 14 Jan 2018, 01:08 pm »
Hi

So from a sales stand point the 2 most successful in the last few years has been the DAC's and the Speakers - although the new Cubed amplifiers are really doing well so far.

james

The CD player (BCD) is fading?

cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #146 on: 14 Jan 2018, 06:03 pm »
The CD player (BCD) is fading?

cheers

Yes CD is going away.

james

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #147 on: 14 Jan 2018, 06:37 pm »
Yes CD is going away.

james

That's great, thanks.

sweetspot

« Reply #148 on: 14 Jan 2018, 07:48 pm »
Yes CD is going away.

james
James, are you halting production on the BCD-3?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #149 on: 14 Jan 2018, 08:25 pm »
James, are you halting production on the BCD-3?

No - it still sells well so unless we can not get any more drives we will continue. There is just no way to know when the major companies will stop production of critical components.

I just got the word that the BCD-3 will be reviewed in an upcoming issue of Absolute Sound so based on what I have been told that should spur some sales.

james
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2018, 12:22 pm by James Tanner »

TJ-Sully

« Reply #150 on: 15 Jan 2018, 12:52 am »
Hi

Ok ... we put the same markup on all our products based on making a margin large enough to sustain the business.  I know some will price their products based on what they think the market will bear.

james

Thanks James!

here's another question....

Wondering if you and the Bryston team would consider posting new videos - describing your products, how they're made, the engineering and design behind them - maybe some stories or interviews with executive team, engineers, and folks in professional studios.

I try to advise my audio friends to invest in Bryston gear - for three main reasons - beautiful resolving sound, high quality design and manufacturing process with 20 year warranty , and made in CANADA. It would be cool to have access to videos that i could point my friends to!

I realize Audio Advisor posts vids - but, to me, the content comes across as well scripted and kind of...well.... uninteresting.

what'd'ya think?

Cheers, TJ

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #151 on: 15 Jan 2018, 12:02 pm »
TJ,

Most good videos are scripted, otherwise they come across as shoddy and unprofessional, imo. I think the Audio Advisor videos for BCD, BDP, B100, are quite tastefully done. Of course, one could add animations and "special effects" to enhance the presentation, but the essence of how these units operate (buttons, jacks, etc) is communicated adequately, imo. The thing is, there needs to be a balance between objective revelation of features and grandstanding salesmanship American-style. I think Bryston avoids the latter.

cheers

TJ-Sully

« Reply #152 on: 15 Jan 2018, 09:48 pm »
CM

I'm talking about more comprehensive discussion. Some interaction. Expressions. Ideas. How things came to be in the Bryston gear. What went into the thinking. The designs. The challenges. Some compromises made, perhaps - in say output stage vs. cost. Ya know? real stuff.

I'm not suggesting Hollywood-style vids as you refer to - simply more interesting - for me anyway.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #153 on: 15 Jan 2018, 09:54 pm »
Ya we could do one where I try to convince the bean counters that building products that are becoming obsolete is a good idea  :lol: - that should have lots of drama !!!

And another one where I try to convince everyone that building Active speakers is a really good idea !!!

james

OTM

« Reply #154 on: 15 Jan 2018, 10:01 pm »
You could float the idea of  a 45 rpm custom turntable for all of the many coloured 1950 disks

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #155 on: 15 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm »
CM

I'm talking about more comprehensive discussion. Some interaction. Expressions. Ideas. How things came to be in the Bryston gear. What went into the thinking. The designs. The challenges. Some compromises made, perhaps - in say output stage vs. cost. Ya know? real stuff.

I'm not suggesting Hollywood-style vids as you refer to - simply more interesting - for me anyway.

http://www.canadahifi.com/meet-the-manufacturer-bryston-factory-tour/

TJ-Sully

« Reply #156 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:41 am »
well james, there is always the entertainment factor...

Calypte

« Reply #157 on: 16 Jan 2018, 05:29 am »
No - it still sells well so unless we can not get any more drives we will continue. There is just no way to know when the major companies will stop production of critical components.

I just got the word that the BCD-3 will be reviewed in an upcoming issue of Absolute Sound so based on what I have been told that should spur some sales.

james
Speaking of sales -- the BDP-pi that I just bought from AA is number 150.  This for a product that was introduced -- what? -- three years ago.  Doesn't look to me like you've sold very many.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #158 on: 16 Jan 2018, 12:41 pm »
Speaking of sales -- the BDP-pi that I just bought from AA is number 150.  This for a product that was introduced -- what? -- three years ago.  Doesn't look to me like you've sold very many.

Hi

Hardly any as most of our customers go for the full BDP versions.

james

Calypte

« Reply #159 on: 16 Jan 2018, 07:08 pm »
Interesting.  I was about to buy a product of another brand when I noticed the BDP-pi.  It looked like it was perfect for what I wanted to do, plus it had the magic word "BRYSTON" engraved on the faceplate.  I've looked at the BDP-3, and I see little that it offers beyond the BDP-pi, certainly nothing to justify the stratospheric additional cost.  BTW, I was wrong: my player is no. 151 (not "150") :)