BDP-2 Digital Player

Pundamilia

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1960 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:00 am »
FWIW, I have found that sometimes if I turn on the BDP before the DAC and start playing something, there is not sound until the BDP "finds" the connection to the DAC. At first, I thought it was a problem and I would go to the Dashboard/Devices to "turn on" the DAC connection, but if I just wait a few seconds, the connection gets made.

shpritz

« Reply #1961 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:16 am »
Zoom25; I got so excited the fix worked and had no idea how to screenshot on Windows, hahahaha

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1962 on: 15 Jan 2018, 03:00 pm »
FWIW, I have found that sometimes if I turn on the BDP before the DAC and start playing something, there is not sound until the BDP "finds" the connection to the DAC. At first, I thought it was a problem and I would go to the Dashboard/Devices to "turn on" the DAC connection, but if I just wait a few seconds, the connection gets made.

I'm assuming your using USB between your DAC and BDP?  The BDP when it powers up it'll configuring its internal audio device and any USB devices, if your USB DAC isn't plugged in, turned on, USB input selected then it may not be detected upon startup.  You can always check the audio device pages to see if your DAC is currently seen by the BDP and if its configured to be used.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Page 15, Audio Devices.

Chris