MINT Maraschino Kickstarter

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company

firedog

Re: MINT Maraschino Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2015, 09:48 am »
 A little confused here. This is "just" a new stereo amp?
How is it different in specs/performance from the Regular/King Maraschino you already sell?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2015, 11:50 am »
Nice  :D

A few thoughts and questions:

1) Where are you originally from? Long Island? Brooklyn? Love the accent. Reminds me of home.

2) What tune were you playing at the end of the Kickstarter Ad?

3) Do you feel that the rear of the amplifier is a bit crowded? I guess that is a compromise for a one enclosure (non monoblocked) integrated amplifier design.

4) How is the volume control implemented in this design? What do you use?

5) I am sure the specs are beyond reproach as your standard Maraschino has shown, so I am pretty sure the sonics will be quite good. Mind posting the differences (with your Audio Precision plots) of the stereo versus mono versions of the Maraschinos? Are they identical?

Thank you and good luck to you. Should be another hot seller!

Best,
Anand.

watercourse

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm »
Interesting!

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2015, 09:52 pm »
This will make a fantastic buy at $800, well $650 each for three of them. I now wish I had a second system.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2015, 11:16 pm by OzarkTom »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2015, 03:18 am »
This will make a fantastic buy at $800, well $650 each for three of them. I now wish I had a second system.
The $650 version is a prototype, and we only plan on building 5 pieces of those to prove out the new boards and machanicals.  We should add that these won't have silk screening.  Two will be saved for reference, which leaves 3 to sell off....  Thanks for your kind post!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2015, 03:42 am »
Nice  :D

A few thoughts and questions:

1) Where are you originally from? Long Island? Brooklyn? Love the accent. Reminds me of home.

3) Do you feel that the rear of the amplifier is a bit crowded? I guess that is a compromise for a one enclosure (non monoblocked) integrated amplifier design.

5) I am sure the specs are beyond reproach as your standard Maraschino has shown, so I am pretty sure the sonics will be quite good. Mind posting the differences (with your Audio Precision plots) of the stereo versus mono versions of the Maraschinos? Are they identical?

Thank you and good luck to you. Should be another hot seller!

Best,
Anand.
Anand,

Thanks for your post.  Here are some answers:
>>>> That's Steve, our Sales VP.  He does have a cool accent!  I'll ask him more specifically where he's originally from, but definitely NY.

>>>> This is a demo piece that our videographer found.  I'll ask him for the name of the band/song.  I like it too (:

>>>> Yes, a bit crowded, but after trying various cables, everything hooks up quite easily, with plenty of room for your fingers to tighten the binding posts in case you want to use bare wire.  We recommend banana plugs, though.

>>>> We plan to use an ALPS two-channel panel mount control.

>>>> Well, you get less power with the MINT due to the simgle supply configuration.  Of course, the monoblocks have perfect channel separation, but this is not possible with a single two-channel board that shares power supplies.  Channel separation is TBD, but will likely be as impressive as our other specs.  The In-Line Maraschino has an advantage in that it can be hung from the speaker using VERY short speaker wires.  You can't do that with the MINT Maraschino, but in smaller systems (like computer audio), shorter speaker cables are prevalent.  We will post plots once we have the new boards.  This will take a few months.  However, much of the layout is identical, and we expect performance to be almost as good as the monoblocks.  Note that we are shooting for >120dB SNR.  In order to accomplish this, we may need to tweak the feedback filters.  If this has any negative effect on the sound, we will back off on the SNR.  We typically tweak for sound after we achieve very high bench performance.  This is why our amps simply sound better than almost anything out there regardless of price.  We are willing to back off a bit on specs to achieve that Cherry sound....

Thanks again, and hope I answered your questions adequately.  Please back our project!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2015, 04:36 am »
A little confused here. This is "just" a new stereo amp?
How is it different in specs/performance from the Regular/King Maraschino you already sell?
MINT is two channels versus one.  It puts out less power per channel than the Desktop or In-Line Maraschinos.  MINT includes an 1/8 jack input for portable players and XLRs (RCA adaptes included) for audio sources.  MINT also allows you to turn off the auto-sleep function.  MINT uses one power supply to feed both channels.  Additional info is in our detailed response to Arnand's post.  Thanks, and please support this project.  We added an $8 level if you just want to be part of the team without buying an amp or t-shirt.

jparkhur

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2015, 07:37 pm »
So where are we on the power output?

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2015, 09:13 pm »
My buddy Rex is enjoying his Marachinos so much, he signed up for the first prototype for his desktop system.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #10 on: 16 Mar 2015, 09:31 pm »
So where are we on the power output?

Power is stated on the kickstarter link.

metro

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 17 Mar 2015, 12:58 am »
Anand,

>>>> That's Steve, our Sales VP.  He does have a cool accent!  I'll ask him more specifically where he's originally from, but definitely NY.

Hi Anand, I am from Staten Island..

>>>> This is a demo piece that our videographer found.  I'll ask him for the name of the band/song.  I like it too (:

>>>> Yes, a bit crowded, but after trying various cables, everything hooks up quite easily, with plenty of room for your fingers to tighten the binding posts in case you want to use bare wire.  We recommend banana plugs, though.

>>>> We plan to use an ALPS two-channel panel mount control.

>>>> Well, you get less power with the MINT due to the simgle supply configuration.  Of course, the monoblocks have perfect channel separation, but this is not possible with a single two-channel board that shares power supplies.  Channel separation is TBD, but will likely be as impressive as our other specs.  The In-Line Maraschino has an advantage in that it can be hung from the speaker using VERY short speaker wires.  You can't do that with the MINT Maraschino, but in smaller systems (like computer audio), shorter speaker cables are prevalent.  We will post plots once we have the new boards.  This will take a few months.  However, much of the layout is identical, and we expect performance to be almost as good as the monoblocks.  Note that we are shooting for >120dB SNR.  In order to accomplish this, we may need to tweak the feedback filters.  If this has any negative effect on the sound, we will back off on the SNR.  We typically tweak for sound after we achieve very high bench performance.  This is why our amps simply sound better than almost anything out there regardless of price.  We are willing to back off a bit on specs to achieve that Cherry sound....

Thanks again, and hope I answered your questions adequately.  Please back our project!

watercourse

« Reply #12 on: 17 Mar 2015, 01:44 am »
Power is stated on the kickstarter link.
Is it? I looked thrice and must have missed it?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #13 on: 17 Mar 2015, 10:34 am »
Is it? I looked thrice and must have missed it?
Check out the rewards section. Power output is listed there.  Thanks.

JeffBrown

« Reply #14 on: 17 Mar 2015, 07:56 pm »
The 48 volt looks cool, will this model be able to upgrade to the 60 volt without modification?  Sorry in advance if I missed something in the posting. I honestly did read it a couple of times, but I didn't see this in it.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #15 on: 17 Mar 2015, 09:13 pm »
The 48 volt looks cool, will this model be able to upgrade to the 60 volt without modification?  Sorry in advance if I missed something in the posting. I honestly did read it a couple of times, but I didn't see this in it.
Yes, you are correct !

metro

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 18 Mar 2015, 01:09 am »
Anand,

Hi Anand, I am from Staten Island !

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #17 on: 18 Mar 2015, 06:02 pm »
By popular demand.....

We've added two new rewards:

$1300 - 48V In-Line Maraschino PAIR (5 available)
$2200 - KING 60V In-Line Maraschino PAIR (5 available)

These are full production units.  Add $100 and get two pair of locking banana speaker wires.  These can be used to hang the In-Line Maraschino from your speakers.  Output is up to 800Wpc (KING version)!

Some have said the Maraschino is the "best sounding amp in the world".  Hopefully, the MINT Maraschino project will get the word out.

As always, THANK YOU, BACKERS!

p.s. We also added a features list in the text.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #18 on: 18 Mar 2015, 09:57 pm »
Hi,
Since I'm new to the Kickstarter thingy, if I pledge for one of the Inline Maraschino monos, what happens if the Mint Maraschino Kickstarter project does not get funded?

Thanks,

Gene

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #19 on: 19 Mar 2015, 12:39 am »
Hi,
Since I'm new to the Kickstarter thingy, if I pledge for one of the Inline Maraschino monos, what happens if the Mint Maraschino Kickstarter project does not get funded?

Thanks,

Gene
We'll check the rules, but at that point, we can probably just sell them outside Kickstarter, honoring the price of course....