VPI 10inch 3D Tonearm P2S distance?

isaacrivera

VPI 10inch 3D Tonearm P2S distance?
« on: 20 Sep 2014, 05:55 pm »
Does anyone know the pivot-2-spindle distance specified for the VPI 10inch 3D Tonearm?

orthobiz

Re: VPI 10inch 3D Tonearm P2S distance?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2014, 10:25 pm »
Is it really 10" or is it 10.5"?

Controversy about the 10.5i, I set mine at 258mm but some say 262mm.

Paul

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2014, 02:34 am »
That is why the cartridge mounts are slots. If the cartridge can be put into the alignment you want, then its OK which ever distance you use. The pivot to spindle distance from the arm designer is what most of us would consider to be the "optimum" distance for the arm, allowing it to be aligned in either a Baerwald or Lofgren B. Obviously, if you are way out of specs with the mounting, these alignments could be a problem, so that is why knowing the PTS distance is always a good thing.....

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2014, 03:21 am »
The 3D arms are 10 and 12".

I read somewhere that VPI was closed last week.  I'm sure you can get the info when they're back.   A VPI dealer can probably tell you.

Bet that's one sweet arm.  Let us know what you think.
neo

isaacrivera

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2014, 03:28 am »
That is why the cartridge mounts are slots. If the cartridge can be put into the alignment you want, then its OK which ever distance you use. The pivot to spindle distance from the arm designer is what most of us would consider to be the "optimum" distance for the arm, allowing it to be aligned in either a Baerwald or Lofgren B. Obviously, if you are way out of specs with the mounting, these alignments could be a problem, so that is why knowing the PTS distance is always a good thing.....
[/quote

Wayner, I believe the slots in the cartridge mount are for overhang adjustment according to your curve of choice. The pivot to spindle distance is not the same...