Level one mod -2-ch. or multi?

azryan

« on: 17 Jul 2003, 07:54 pm »
Maybe I missed it on your site, but is the "Level I Mod Price: $275 + shipping" on the Pioneers JUST mod 2 chan. or is it for all the channels?

Also, if anyone knows if these players are able to downmix the center chan in DVD-A and SACD?

I don't use a center chan. and don't want to be 'forced' to get one.

Thanks

shokunin

« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2003, 10:35 pm »
For SACD, all the multi-channel SACD's I own, also include stereo 2 channel tracks.  No downmixing of the MCH version is necessary.  Since I don't have any DVD-A discs, I can't say whether or not they include 2 channel mix as well.  

However, if you're talking about using the Multichannel output but without the center, then I can't help you there.   Since there are not a lot of chips that do DSP in DSD, have a phantom center may not be an option in most SACD players.

azryan

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2003, 05:31 pm »
Thanks, but yeah I mean downmixing a phantom center in the multi chan. mix of both DVD-A and SACD.

Looking at discs like Dark Side on SACD and S'Phile showing that the 2 chan. version is not the same as the 5.1 version (or the CD layer -jeez!) I want to get the full 5.1... but from a 4.1 system.

If the Pioneer DV-563A converts DSD to 24/192 PCM (which I heard it does -I think?) then that should make the no DSP in DSD chips not a problem, but still don't know if it'll downmix in PCM?

It SHOULD right, since it can do it for DD and DTS. It's all PCM before it turns analog right?

modwright

Basic Mods
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2003, 06:54 pm »
Basic Mods (2CH) = $275.
Basic Mods (MCH) = $350
Tube Mods (Include MCH Basic Mods) = $700.

Thanks,

Dan W.