AVP32 - what specs do users want!

skiwrx

Re: AVP32 - what specs do users want!
« Reply #40 on: 4 Sep 2008, 04:27 pm »
We are considering a preamp (several sets of 7.1, including down mixing) specifically for this purpose. It is still on the drawing board though.

Cool.  This seems like the most audiophile way to go with the new formats and never having to worry about when the newest HDMI version comes out.   Of course, going this way means you have to have very good source components.  I see this as a great solution for audiophile first people like me (My TV can do the video switching), SQ is paramount.  The only downside to this is that there are lots and lots of high quality interconnects to buy and hide.  I think that trade off is worth it.  There's a new unit on the mkt (P7) that takes this approach, albeit with just 2 7.1 inputs.  I like the idea, but would prefer NuForce's implementation I'm sure.

Also, I'd wish for this analogue unit to be nearly a peer to your own 2 channel preamplifiers, so one can have it all in one unit.

I'm going to wait for you guys to come up with something, because no pre/pro I've tried to date has the combination of clarity, slam, bass control, imaging, details, air, and natural, engaging and sweet sound production that I discovered in your AMPS. 

It sounds like you're going to offer (eventually) both an HDMI fully featured AVR, as well as an audiophile 7.1 channel preamp, that leaves the video processing and switching out of the, er, picture.  Eagerly awaiting both ...

Kenobi

« Reply #41 on: 5 Sep 2008, 05:00 pm »
I too am eagerly waiting for this to replace my Proceed AVP2.  Hopefully, the pre and DAC section will be up to par with this unit if not outright surpass it.  I have been a NuForce convert ever since my intro to their Ref 9SE V2 and MCH3SE amps.  A worthy pre/pro compliment to the mighty amps would do the company proud and all customers loyal. 

The suggestions thus far from this thread have been interesting and hopefully will pave the way for their implementation best suited for the unit and market and at the right price point.

Regards,

Kenobi :thumb:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #42 on: 8 Sep 2008, 06:07 pm »
Too much pressure for us  :cry:

msallen

« Reply #43 on: 12 Sep 2008, 12:23 pm »
I would want the ability to preset the sampling rate for each input so that the preamp doesn't have to resynch.

skiwrx

« Reply #44 on: 14 Sep 2008, 03:08 pm »
Too much pressure for us  :cry:

I can see you're kidding about that, but still wanna say, you guys really are awesome.  Nothing else sounds as real and natural and engaging as NuForce gear.  What we're asking for in options on an AVP32 must be pretty overwhelming.

In the meantime, just to keep the pressure up, one more request:  I could live with a lesser pre/pro while awaiting the AVP 32, if there were a unit like the P9 bypass pre for 2 channel that also had analogue bass management.  My VMPS RM 30's sound cleanest to my ears when cut off at around 70, saving all the energy for what's above 70,  and letting the sub deal with what's below.  So it'd be great to be able to keep that set up in 2 channel when I bypass.  Any possibility of a P9 like pre with a sub out feature?  (apologize this is slightly off the AV32 topic!  But related to the HT setup)

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #45 on: 16 Oct 2008, 03:46 pm »
Any updates on the AVP32?
golf

golfugh

« Reply #46 on: 22 Oct 2008, 01:56 pm »
Jason
Has the AVP32 been canceled?

EDS_

« Reply #47 on: 22 Oct 2008, 02:48 pm »
FWIIW I would be VERY interested.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #48 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:46 pm »
AVP-32 has been on hold waiting for a decoding chip from a vendor. If the vendor fails to deliver, then AVP-32 is dead.

The trend in the high-end bluray DVDP and our own core competency convinced us that a multi-channel preamp (with sub in and sub out mixing) offers a better audio quality.

New generation of high-end blu-ray players can provide 192Khz, 24bit analog output per channel.
http://www.cdrinfo.com/sections/news/Details.aspx?NewsId=23886

So we're proposing this solution for high-end customers:
Use a decent receiver or AVP (a lot of these can be found at <$1000) to connect all the "non-high-end" sources and send the decoded 7.1 output to Nuforce 5 x 8 channel preamp.
Connect your high-end blu-ray DVDP 7.1 (that provides 192khz, 24bit output quality per channel) outputs to Nuforce. 

This is all I have for now, we'll post new information as soon as possible.

plivac

« Reply #49 on: 22 Oct 2008, 09:46 pm »
Jason,

I am sorry to hear these news.

My hope is that the AVP32 project doesn't end up dead - I could wait for another year or 2 to get the product/technology right since there is still not much Blu-Ray content out there.

btw. are you using the Cirrus Logic CS49700 that is in Cary Cinema 11a?

thanks.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #50 on: 29 Oct 2008, 06:25 am »
Read the thread about Cary Audio's Cinema 11 here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=809659&page=70

We decided that it is not worth getting into HDMI HD audio decoding. The resulting sound quality will not be good enough for serious audiophiles.  There are too many decent AVP for $1500 or less.

sac8d4

« Reply #51 on: 30 Oct 2008, 01:57 am »
Bah, sounds like its offically dead now :bawl: What about offering an a more inclusive AVP of some of the features that potential customers might want on a new AVP sans HD audio decoding?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #52 on: 31 Oct 2008, 07:15 am »
It is difficult to invest in something that has very short shelf life and market demand, when HDMI is not included.

For audiophiles, our main objectives are to get the best sound out of a DVDP or other stereo sources
We are also struggling with having a system that can sound the best for 2 channel as well as home theater. Some people have smaller room and prefer to have 4.0, 2.1, or 3.1 system. Some people live in apartments and can't really use subwoofer. Some want to have a sub to complement stereo listening but find it hard to get the mixing right.

We should focus on what we do best and innovate from there, ie to come up with an innovative preamp to all of the above problems.

skiwrx

Re: multi channel preamp, analogue
« Reply #53 on: 4 Nov 2008, 03:51 pm »
Hi Jason,

I can appreciate your reluctance to get into the HDMI/AVR fracas when there are fairly well priced units out there already that do a decent job.  Disappointed, because none of them will sound as good as NuForce, but understanding of it as a practical business decision.  It's true, we can buy one of those on the used market soon for cheap, use it for movies etc, and then use NuForce's new analogue preamp for music.

The above is made possible by new players out there that will output via 7.1 analogue.  As noted above, I sense that some of the universal players/new source units will have excellent analogue sound via their 7.1 analogue outputs.  Wondering two things:

1.  When do you think NuForce's multi-channel pre will be coming out?  (Target date yet?)
2.  Have you heard any of the newest source gear (ie.  Oppo's new universal due out sometime soon, that will do CD, SD DVD, blueray, DTS-Master, etc, and output via analogue.  Or Marantz's BD8002?)  Any recommendations?  It will be good to know what units will match up best with this setup.

Thanks, Pedro

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #54 on: 5 Nov 2008, 08:51 am »
The multi-channel preamp will be designed by Demian Martin, who designed our P-9 so you can be assured of the performance and sound quality. It is in the pipeline  :(.  We know it is urgent, the "good" news is that the economy sucks big time and there is no hurry to bring it out, hopefully more people will be willing to buy later next year.

We heard the OPPO bluray player (prototype version), sounds very good, but we don't know about their release schedule.

golfugh

« Reply #55 on: 31 Mar 2009, 03:40 pm »
Jason
There is a rumor that the AVP-32 may be back in play?  Reported in Canuck Audio Mart that the AVP-17 is being cleared out for the AVP-32.  Can you clarify?
Thanks
Mark

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #56 on: 1 Apr 2009, 11:29 am »
AVP32 might be back but it is still too early to tell. We are waiting for prototype but still not firm date yet.
We will also make an announcement with regards to OPPO new blu-ray with Nuforce Edition for enhanced audio.

golfugh

« Reply #57 on: 1 Apr 2009, 11:55 am »
Both are very good news.

cmryan21

« Reply #58 on: 1 Apr 2009, 07:38 pm »
Jason, do you have a time frame on the Nuforce Edition Oppo player? I was about to spring for a Pioneer BDP-09 but I would be interested in trying a joint Nuforce-Oppo player if it won't be too terribly long before its available. And what part of the Oppo will Nuforce be tinkering with(here's hoping for the analog section)? Until Nuforce build's a prepro with built in decoders I'm certain I would be more than happy to use a Nuforce-Oppo player in conjunction with the analog bypass on my current prepro.

sac8d4

« Reply #59 on: 2 Apr 2009, 01:22 am »
 :o  What? An Oppo BDP-83 - Nuforce Edition.... I was selected for the EAP for the BDP-83 and it is quite an amazing player..... Did you mean that you guys are releasing your own version of the BDP-83? hmmm, am I going to have to get rid of my BdP-83 and upgrade :duh:?