Vandersteen Model 7

kenreau

Re: Vandersteen Model 7
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2015, 04:25 pm »
That is an awesome dedicated room and system!

Curious if you are still using the Straight Wire speaker cables with the Model 7's. 

Are the Model 7's placed in a significantly different location that the 5As were in?

Thx
Kenreau

dminches

« Reply #21 on: 15 May 2015, 09:10 pm »
Any updates?

George

Funny you should ask.  I just wrote to a friend of mine that I loved the 5As and if I couldn't replace them I would be still be happy.  But, the 7s are in a completely different league.  Everything they put out sounds just right.  There were times with the 5As that the mid range could be slightly muddy or the high end could be a little harsh.  The 7s deliver the music with ease.  The transition from one driver to another is seamless.  They are incredibly detailed yet never harsh or fatiguing.  The music seems even more emotional than with the 5As.

I am going to have these for a long, long time.

dminches

« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2015, 09:13 pm »
That is an awesome dedicated room and system!

Curious if you are still using the Straight Wire speaker cables with the Model 7's. 

Are the Model 7's placed in a significantly different location that the 5As were in?

Thx
Kenreau

I am now using Audioquest Oak (external bi-wire) for speaker wires and Earth for interconnects.

The 7s are near where the 5As were, slightly farther apart, and more toed in.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #23 on: 15 May 2015, 09:14 pm »
Funny you should ask.  I just wrote to a friend of mine that I loved the 5As and if I couldn't replace them I would be still be happy.  But, the 7s are in a completely different league.  Everything they put out sounds just right.  There were times with the 5As that the mid range could be slightly muddy or the high end could be a little harsh.  The 7s deliver the music with ease.  The transition from one driver to another is seamless.  They are incredibly detailed yet never harsh or fatiguing.  The music seems even more emotional than with the 5As.

I am going to have these for a long, long time.

Very happy to hear this!   :thumb:

George

Tomictime

« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2015, 01:55 am »
Congrats!,,
Ordering 7 mk II in Audi Phantom Black Pearl on Tuesday.
Replacing beloved five a
..in the service of MUSIC