Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?
« Reply #340 on: 28 Dec 2016, 08:29 pm »
Bling.

There's a sucker born every minute.
 :evil:

Mag

« Reply #341 on: 29 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm »
It's here! It's here! :bounce:

After the long wait my BCD-3 arrived today, however I didn't get the first unit off production.

Will set it up shortly and give my biased opinion after the loong weekend, my expectations are high. :smoke:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #342 on: 30 Dec 2016, 12:01 am »
It's here! It's here! :bounce:

After the long wait my BCD-3 arrived today, however I didn't get the first unit off production.

Will set it up shortly and give my biased opinion after the loong weekend, my expectations are high. :smoke:

Great news Mag - please let me know your thoughts.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #343 on: 30 Dec 2016, 05:30 pm »
Hi Folks,

The BCD-3 CD Player is now on our website.

http://www.bryston.com/products/digital_audio/BCD-3.html

james

« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2016, 01:18 am by James Tanner »

sweetspot

« Reply #344 on: 30 Dec 2016, 09:23 pm »
James, the literature on the bcd-3 mentions that the front panel cosmetics match the new cubed amps. How does it look alongside the older sst2 amps?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #345 on: 30 Dec 2016, 10:30 pm »
James, the literature on the bcd-3 mentions that the front panel cosmetics match the new cubed amps. How does it look alongside the older sst2 amps?

Its a very plain front:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #346 on: 31 Dec 2016, 02:30 am »
Finally! It's here!

Right out of the box this CD player rocks. Listening to Melody Gardot as I write this and I'm glad I waited and didn't succumb to other very good CD players.

I'll post pictures shortly, but for now this is a great compliment component to the BDA3 and, I would surmise the BDP2.

it is very very quiet, the tray makes very little noise when opening or closing. The unit is solid and well build much like the other digital components Bryston has recently produced.

For, those of you who stream music and have a digital set-up and are looking for an excellent no-nonsense CD player that will revitalize your red book CD collection, I would have to argue you'd be hard pressed to do better than the Bryston CDP3.

Baroque

« Reply #347 on: 31 Dec 2016, 04:37 am »
This Cd player look very nice, I should receive my BCD-3 soon!  :roll:

Steve

Mag

« Reply #348 on: 31 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm »
Great news Mag - please let me know your thoughts.

james

James you nailed it Perfect!!

Listened to Rush- All the World's Stage (2112, By Tor Snowdog), Kitaro- Enchanted Evening, Dire Straits- Brothers is Arms, outstanding. Then Lp's that I transferred to cd such as Hair by the Cowsills, Ventures- Hawaii Five O, Hugo Montenegro - Spaghetti Westerns, I had tears of joy.

Best audio source on the market! :smoke:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #349 on: 31 Dec 2016, 01:09 pm »
James you nailed it Perfect!!

Listened to Rush- All the World's Stage (2112, By Tor Snowdog), Kitaro- Enchanted Evening, Dire Straits- Brothers is Arms, outstanding. Then Lp's that I transferred to cd such as Hair by the Cowsills, Ventures- Hawaii Five O, Hugo Montenegro - Spaghetti Westerns, I had tears of joy.

Best audio source on the market! :smoke:

Thanks Mag - I agree there is just 'something right' about the way this CD Player sounds. :thumb:

james

Baroque

« Reply #350 on: 31 Dec 2016, 03:34 pm »
Hi Mag, very happy for you, have you try both output? XLR and RCA...I need more details...Please!

Thanks...I like your music choice! 8)

Steve
Gatineau/Ottawa

Mag

« Reply #351 on: 31 Dec 2016, 06:08 pm »
Hi Mag, very happy for you, have you try both output? XLR and RCA...I need more details...Please!

Thanks...I like your music choice! 8)

Steve
Gatineau/Ottawa

Using Straight Wire Chorus II RCA cables to Bryston SP2, 2 ch by-pass to Yamaha MG 10 mixer, gain +40 position, treble +2, mids +2, bass +2, Peak level 4, master volume 9, to Bryston 2-3B sst/2 amps, 1 volt, balanced, to Model T passives and Paradigm Studio 100 v2 for 4 channel stereo.

Could go straight to mixer but this option gives me remote volume control. SP2 doesn't have balanced inputs.

Baroque

« Reply #352 on: 31 Dec 2016, 07:19 pm »
Thanks, for this info...I will try both output (BP26) went I will received my BCD-3.

Enjoy it and Happy new year!  8)

Steve

Siltech

Vaprak001

« Reply #354 on: 1 Jan 2017, 08:39 am »
Happy New Year All!

James, the website shows a black BCD-3 with blue display and LED's. If I ordered green LED's the display would be the traditional Bryston green colour too, right?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #355 on: 1 Jan 2017, 11:36 am »
Happy New Year All!

James, the website shows a black BCD-3 with blue display and LED's. If I ordered green LED's the display would be the traditional Bryston green colour too, right?

Hi

Correct - green display and power LED.

james

Siltech

« Reply #356 on: 1 Jan 2017, 03:05 pm »
@ James, please answer.  Why can't this BLUE display look like other companies blue display, or at least close. It's advertised blue, but looks Aqua, and in dark room looks practically green. The look isn't even close to other companies blue display. I googled and went back in this forum and found several people complaining about this. I'm talking about over the last several years. Why can't Bryston do same blue colour display, or at least a lot closer too other companies. Once again, colour looks hideaus, against other audio manufacture gear. If you like, I can paste on here, many with same guestions from this site again. Why, because my new BCD-3 does this, when I ordered blue. CRAZYIEST COLOUR.  Not Blue

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #357 on: 1 Jan 2017, 03:19 pm »
@ James, please answer.  Why can't this BLUE display look like other companies blue display, or at least close. It's advertised blue, but looks Aqua, and in dark room looks practically green. The look isn't even close to other companies blue display. I googled and went back in this forum and found several people complaining about this. I'm talking about over the last several years. Why can't Bryston do same blue colour display, or at least a lot closer too other companies. Once again, colour looks hideaus, against other audio manufacture gear. If you like, I can paste on here, many with same guestions from this site again. Why, because my new BCD-3 does this, when I ordered blue. CRAZYIEST COLOUR.  Not Blue

Yes the display comes with a set colour so there is really nothing we can do about the shade of blue but I agree it is more of an aqua blue than a standard blue. 

I think 'hideous' is a little strong but to each his own I guess.

james

Heres a pic of the blue:

Siltech

« Reply #358 on: 1 Jan 2017, 03:27 pm »
Thanks, for your prompt answer, and HAPPY NEW YEARS. This unit does sound GREAT.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #359 on: 1 Jan 2017, 03:30 pm »
Thanks, for your prompt answer, and HAPPY NEW YEARS. This unit does sound GREAT.

Happy New Year to you as well and so far of the 12 units we have out there I have heard back from 10 owners (and one reviewer) and they all report "superb sound quality"  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: - which was my goal - redbook CD playback at its best.

james