Anybody get the Neil Young Archives, Vol. 1: 1963-1972 (10 Disc Blu-Ray) yet?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Looking for some comments on the sound quality.

Thanks,

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Has anybody heard or bought this set?

George

rydenfan

George

I was hoping you had  :wink:

Come on Ted, you know you cant refuse this set  :lol:

zybar

• Volunteer

George

I was hoping you had  :wink:

Come on Ted, you know you cant refuse this set  :lol:

I like Neil, but $200+ for the set is a different story.

Especially since my Blu-ray setup is in my HT and not my main 2 channel rig (not that my HT sounds too shabby).

George

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I know...I know...hell, we named our middle son after him!!!  :D

The set is big bucks and doesn't give you a lot of new stuff relative to the new announcements.  I say that only because Neil has announced that the first six albums in his canon/discography will be individually released later on Blu-Ray, in their entirety, and have 5.1 mixes as well.  I'm especially keen on his middle 70's era, with Time Fades Away (never officially released on cd; I have a great Doc Ebbetts needledrop), Tonight's The Night, and so on.   That said, I'll probably go for this once once I have a Modwirght modded Oppo BDP-83.   :thumb:  The analog outs (needed for 24/192 unless you do HDMi through the surround proceesor and back out to the preamp...yuck) are second rate on anything else but that modded unit or a $3k Pio 09FD. 

Phil A

I agree that it is pricey and although I like Neil, I have some hi-rez of his on DVD-A and 24/96 DVD.  I'll probably wait until individual albums are out.  I haven't even opened "Sugar Mountain" yet on 24/96 DVD I got a couple of weeks back at Borders with a 40% off coupon with the backlog I have,

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
I agree that it is pricey and although I like Neil, I have some hi-rez of his on DVD-A and 24/96 DVD.  I'll probably wait until individual albums are out.  I haven't even opened "Sugar Mountain" yet on 24/96 DVD I got a couple of weeks back at Borders with a 40% off coupon with the backlog I have,

Oooooh, I'd love that one!  I didn't realize it was out! :duh: