Show coverage day 3

Pez

Re: Show coverage day 3
« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:23 pm »
German physiks

Love the soundfield on these.  A little thin sounding and of course they didn't treat the room. Yet they out the stupid little things on the wall that I'm sure are supposed to focus the sound field and get rid of negative energy blah blah blah. You know... bullshit. The engineer for the speakers is here I asked them what they are he said 'I have no idea' and shook his head. The only honest answer anyone can give for silliness like that.

The the great thing about these speakers OS consistently dwelt wide soundstage. And good focus to the midrange. Always a great performer overall with german physiks.

Tyson - awesome soundstage in this room, as always with German Physics.  But the tonal balance was too bright.  REAL room treatments rather than voodoo bs would help this room immensely. 
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2011, 07:33 pm by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:31 pm »
Allnic the beat turntables Wilson

This is the first time the Wilson audio stuff has ever sounded good IMO. There is a certain warmth to the sound that is almost alien to this speaker in my experience that this setup has. Good stuff moving on.

Tyson - agreed completely with Jason, it's the first time I've heard a Wilson product I really liked.  Not sure if it was this specific model, or the front end gear, or what, but this was a great sounding room.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2011, 07:36 pm by Pez »

dminches

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:38 pm »
I thought the NOLAs were among the top 3 sounding speakers at the show along with the Vandy 7s and the large Focals.

Pez

« Reply #23 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:39 pm »
Orpheus, bogdan audio, densen

The little ones are playing I am in the corner again. Wait for Tyson's coverage for this one sorry dudes.

Tyson - nice tonal balance on these little dual concentric speakers.  But no way to get a decent soundstage with them so close to the side walls.  Also, way too short.  Would liked to have heard the other speakers, but was just past caring at this point in RMAF.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2011, 07:40 pm by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:41 pm »
Hate to do this with an hour to go but my neck hurts and I can't keep carrying this camera and the iPad. I'm done on coverage guys. Hope to see some other great coverage from others.  :thumb:

Tyson - agreed, we are dun.  But one last room, Pez insisted we revisit, the AVA/Salk room.  This time they had the Songtowers and the Ultravalve hooked up and playing.  Muuuuuuuuch better sound from this side of the room.  BIG sound, smooth mids & highs, and a great system to connect with the music on an emotional level.  Excellent sound!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2011, 07:50 pm by Pez »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #25 on: 16 Oct 2011, 08:59 pm »
No worries, Pez. You've busted your ass this weekend for all of us poor saps who couldn't make it, and it's much appreciated.  :notworthy:

Have fun, now!!!  :thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #26 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:12 pm »
Awesome coverage, thanks a bunch. Almost like being there; someday.....  :thumb: :thumb:

toddbagwell

« Reply #27 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:17 pm »
Thanks to all who took time to post pictures and impressions of the show, it's almost been like being there in some ways.

Todd

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #28 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:18 pm »
Pez--awesome stuff you deserve big props and a standing 'o'...both of you...very much like being there.......Thanks!!!! :thumb:

ammisco11

• Industry Participant
  • www.hhgstands.com
    • HHG Stands
« Reply #29 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:22 pm »
Great coverage! Thanks for taking all the time and effort for documenting it.

sts9fan

« Reply #30 on: 16 Oct 2011, 09:42 pm »
Slacker...

WGH

« Reply #31 on: 16 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm »
Hope to see some other great coverage from others.  :thumb:

I just finished editing 48 photos (from over 90), now I have to load them on my server.

Pez and Tyson, you guys are amazing.

Wayne

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #32 on: 16 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm »
Thanks a lot Guys,

You made us happy by sharing your opinion to all of us not able to come to Denver this weekend.

I liked your pictures and you comments too.

Regards from The Netherlands.

Cor Dekker
Musical Reality
www.musicalreality.nl

mgalusha

« Reply #33 on: 16 Oct 2011, 10:57 pm »
Jason and Tyson, thanks for all the hard work. Some of your comments led to visiting rooms that I would have otherwise avoided.  :thumb:

mike

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2011, 11:05 pm »
I enjoyed following this.  Thanks!

When I heard the Focals 2 years ago I thought they were pathetic.  They had a big, kind of pushy sales team.

Glad to see they have something to sell now...

vinyl_lady

« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2011, 11:11 pm »
Brinkman, vivid audio, luxman

They could be the best sounding speakers in the world, but I would never let something that looks like those in my house. I want my speakers to not only sound good, but also have the looks of a fine piece of wood furniture.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #36 on: 16 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm »
Anybody post on the Sound Smith Cartright? If so, I missed it...

Paul

posted on the Any Requests thread, http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99524.msg1003035#msg1003035 and room impressions posted on Day 2 coverage.

Rclark

« Reply #37 on: 16 Oct 2011, 11:38 pm »
Im the opposite. While I don't necessarily like those, I hate the old furniture look.

Thanks for posting these!

Scott F.

« Reply #38 on: 17 Oct 2011, 12:09 am »
Hate to do this with an hour to go but my neck hurts and I can't keep carrying this camera and the iPad. I'm done on coverage guys. Hope to see some other great coverage from others.  :thumb:

Jason, Tyson, Awesome job guys  :thumb: 

johzel

« Reply #39 on: 17 Oct 2011, 12:33 am »
Jason, Tyson, Awesome job guys  :thumb:

+1