RMAF 2012 -- Enjoy the Music.com Coverage

enjoythemusic

RMAF 2012 -- Enjoy the Music.com Coverage
« on: 13 Oct 2012, 11:54 am »
Hi AC'ers,

Have about 60 photos between the preview and my part 1 and part 2 of Friday's RMAF 2012 coverage. Will be adding more this evening  and Sunday too :) Have covered every RMAF since the beginning (2004) and must say this year is HUGE with many rooms and looks to be record attendance too! Wow, so many great products here and will do my best to get as much online as possible.

www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/rmaf_2012/

studiotech

Re: RMAF 2012 -- Enjoy the Music.com Coverage
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2012, 09:11 pm »
Thanks for your nice annual coverage.  Did you get to the Legacy room for the new Aeris introduction? 

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2012, 09:39 pm »
I have been to over 20 of these audio shows over the years. These systems always sound the best on the last day of the show over the first and second day. So for first timers going to an audio show, don't expect immaculate sound the first day you are there. If your favorite company is sounding bad, go again on the last day. You will probably be surpised.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:19 am »
Saw the Legacy room but simply ran out of time with so much to do (meetings, coverage, etc). Only 8 hours of sleep the past 3 days....  Travel safe home everyone and look forward to seeing you next year!  :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2012, 01:49 am »
EtM, that is some extensive coverage you have there.  You did all that alone?  Amazing.  I did show coverage too and I split the work with another person.  I can't even imagine trying to do this alone.  Mad props!!!!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2012, 04:59 am »
Thanks enjoyed all your coverage also - it helped me cut through the Tyson and Pez reality distortion filed. And nice pants!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:50 am »
Thanks for including pricing.

Are you sure you weren't in Vegas (the way you were dressed)?   :)

enjoythemusic

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:03 am »
Always glad to help and yes pricing is posted too so readers know if it is a value-priced or another $20,000... Hmmmmm, Vegas.... i'd prefer Monaco for the suits, yet am not quite sure exactly where the other outfit works best. So yeah, sure, Vegas sounds fun! Umm, dare i say this ahead of time? Well, ummm, just wait until you see my plans for the NYC show   :o  8) 

jqp, those pants are something huh? Yeah they, er um, did get A LOT of compliments @ RMAF. Was nervous wearing such a, well, tight and showing outfit yet sometimes you just have to put it all 'out there'   :thumb:

Tyson, yes 100% of the work was done by Yours Truly. All the photos, the photo editing, the webmastering and posting. Woke up at 4am here and getting ready for a long day at airports (sadly yes, plural).

MANY THANKS for the compliments everyone, and now it is time to pass out from exhaustion!!!

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:39 am »
Hi AC'ers,

Have about 60 photos between the preview and my part 1 and part 2 of Friday's RMAF 2012 coverage. Will be adding more this evening  and Sunday too :) Have covered every RMAF since the beginning (2004) and must say this year is HUGE with many rooms and looks to be record attendance too! Wow, so many great products here and will do my best to get as much online as possible.

www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/rmaf_2012/

Which amp is this?

Did you take any pictures of LumenWhite speakers?

Don_S

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2012, 04:29 pm »
I believe those amps are the Audio Power Labs 833TNT from this room:

Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Laufer Teknik
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Extreme Audio
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Silver Circle Audio
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Stillpoints LLC
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Kaplan Cable
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Klee Acoustics LLC
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Audio Power Labs
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   The Memory Player 64
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Leonardo Speakers USA

I remember them because well, they are quite eye catching and they are made in Columbus, OH. I used to live north of there and still have friends there.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2012, 08:39 pm »
I believe those amps are the Audio Power Labs 833TNT from this room:

Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Laufer Teknik
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Extreme Audio
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Silver Circle Audio
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Stillpoints LLC
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Kaplan Cable
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Klee Acoustics LLC
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Audio Power Labs
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   The Memory Player 64
Marriott Mezzanine Level   Pikes Peak   Leonardo Speakers USA

I remember them because well, they are quite eye catching and they are made in Columbus, OH. I used to live north of there and still have friends there.

That is correct.  I didn't get over to their room this year, but I've heard them before and they are fairly impressive.  As I understand it there is quite a bit of technology going on besides just a pair of huge 833 tubes and an imposing industrial design.  I don't remember the details though.

I'm from central Ohio myself, so they're in my backyard so to speak.

michaelhigh

« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:11 pm »
Great review! I'll be planning a trip to RMAF 2013 as soon as details are released. My first show! :green:

roscoeiii

« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:15 pm »
Think you are missing a zero on your VR-44 prices.

Pez

« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2012, 01:11 am »
EtM great coverage, but I have a major complaint. Your pictures are WAY too small. Any chance you could increase them?

pslate

« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2012, 01:16 am »
Excellant comments regarding McIntosh and technology. For me, the best insight gleaned from the show.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2012, 04:47 pm »
Prez, sorry they seem small as the bandwidth the site chews through is staggering. There are other reasons, yet strictly speaking as the Creative Director of Enjoy the Music.com please be so kind as to understand there are plans in motion that are best not divulged at this time.

Also, i hate doing a 'smaller' image and then 'click here for larger' as that double my photo editing work (and yes, i know Photoshop scripts and in fact already use them). Lastly, ummm... the sheer quantity of workload 'as is' to make all this happen virtually live each day meant i was lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a night, four nights in a row. Alas, my older body can not handle what it once did at, say, 22.

In fact today i feel like a pile of dung BARELY warmed over and then propped up in front of a computer keyboard/screen.

FYI: Just checked my show photo archives (raw show/event photos) on the NAS drive and... <drum roll please>  6,529 files in 352 folders. In fact my photos seem to be such that of all the photos of Stereophile's editor John Atkinson,  he personally hand picked one i took and used it for one of their excellent CDs. Color me honored and i thank John for appreciating the efforts on my part (and gave Stereophile full use of the photo free of charge of course).

Bottom line, i guess one could say "I'm dancing as fast as i can" so please don't increase the tempo. Pretty please. Thx, Mgt :)