roscoeiii

Re: RMAF 2012 - Vendors for Tyson & Pez to hit
« Reply #60 on: 11 Oct 2012, 07:27 pm »
synergy über alles

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #61 on: 11 Oct 2012, 08:35 pm »
Hopefully this year more vendors will bring room treatments.  In a hostile environment like a show in a hotel, they make a massive difference in the resulting sound.  I'd say room treatments and power filtering are the 2 main things that vendors can do to really optimize the sound of their gear at a show. 

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #62 on: 11 Oct 2012, 11:20 pm »
Tyson that list is exhausting! I hope you guys will take good care of yourselves! Thanks for all your effort. I will enjoy your comments on wherever you visit.

pansixt

« Reply #63 on: 12 Oct 2012, 03:53 am »
Jason and Tyson,
Hopefully you can spend a moment with Paul at PS Audio.
Purveyors of fine Power and other audio products. (What a shameful plug) pun not intended.
They provided a power cable to power my Bolder Cable modded Power Supply.
What an improvement. Thanks Paul and Wayne. :thumb:
James
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2012, 04:25 pm by pansixt »

vonnie123

« Reply #64 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:20 pm »
Would greatly appreciate a drive by the Emotiva room to check out the soon to be reelased XMC-1 pre-pro.  Getting lots of attention from the low price crowd.  Curious if its worth a look.

roscoeiii

« Reply #65 on: 13 Oct 2012, 04:31 pm »
Check Day 1 Live postings thread. They did hit an Emotiva room and were impressed. Though I'd like to know if it was a "for the money" impressed or a "holy moly! these play with the big boys" impressed.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #66 on: 13 Oct 2012, 05:23 pm »
Wish I was this year but timing did not work out. Looking forward to your coverage. Be sure to hit the Bob Carver/Purity Audio Design/AMR and King Sound/Purity Audio Design/AMR rooms.
 Too bad you are not writing for the big press. Your coverage is probably the best of all.
Enjoy the show guys!

vonnie123

« Reply #67 on: 13 Oct 2012, 05:39 pm »
Check Day 1 Live postings thread. They did hit an Emotiva room and were impressed. Though I'd like to know if it was a "for the money" impressed or a "holy moly! these play with the big boys" impressed.

I had checked that thread earlier and saw some discussion on the Emotiva Powered Bookshelf speakers and the PRO DAC.  Missed mention of any XMC reviews.  Was hoping they might have had the highly anticipated XMC-1 Prepro on display.  Read Emotiva had it available for their in-house Emofest last month, but figured the RMAF group might present some supporting or opposing views.  Thanks for the heads up on the thread.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #68 on: 14 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm »
I had checked that thread earlier and saw some discussion on the Emotiva Powered Bookshelf speakers and the PRO DAC.  Missed mention of any XMC reviews.  Was hoping they might have had the highly anticipated XMC-1 Prepro on display.  Read Emotiva had it available for their in-house Emofest last month, but figured the RMAF group might present some supporting or opposing views.  Thanks for the heads up on the thread.
Went back by and looked - no sign of it so I asked. They said that a decision had been made to not bring a pre/pro to a stereo show. I guess it kind of makes sense. Asked if they they were optimistic about the release date. They seemed quite positive that it would be released early December.
FWIW.

Doublej

« Reply #69 on: 14 Oct 2012, 01:01 pm »
Hit the Hsu booth if you have a moment.

Thanks,

Doublej

vonnie123

« Reply #70 on: 17 Oct 2012, 05:49 am »
@SOCALWJS - thanks for checking and posting the follow up on the XMC.