RMAF 2012 travel (and show) deals

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
RMAF 2012 travel (and show) deals
« on: 17 Jul 2012, 03:36 pm »
I just booked my flights using the CHOICE promotion from Frontier -- under $300 for direct round trip from Washington DC.  It's 5% off economy, 10% off classic and 15%off classic plus.  It expires tomorrow.

« Last Edit: 1 Oct 2012, 03:57 pm by woodsyi »

OzarkTom

Re: RMAF 2012 travel deals
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2012, 06:10 pm »
I just obtained my reservations this morning for Marriott at the $99 audio show rate, but you can only get the rate for Fri.-Sun. nights now. Thursday night allotment is now filled up for the $99 rate.

Better hurry!

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:32 pm »
Thanks for the reminder!  I just checked Frontier's website, but the times for the flight they have available where I'm at just don't work out very well.  Darn good rates, though, and I've heard good things about the airline.

Dumb question, but check-in at the Mariott isn't until 15:00 in Denver.  Is there anywhere to dump off bags and such prior to check-in time if I can't find a flight with a good arrival time, or am I stuck camping out somewhere nearby until check in time?  I'm going to be flying in on Thursday, and I was fortunate enough to get my room reservation in. . . well. . . in advance. :D

First time coming to an (audio) show like this.  I've done trade shows before, but all of these things run just a little different. . . Thanks for the advice!

dminches

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2012, 07:38 pm »
I am sure you can give your bags to the bell hop and they will hold them until you can check in.

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2012, 09:39 pm »
You can check your bags at the front desk of all the hotels, even if you are not staying there.

Wayne

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:18 pm »
Thanks, guys!  If it isn't painfully obvious, I really don't travel much for personal stuff (read: basically never), just for various kinds of work.  Normally, I hit the ground aimed at whatever the job is, and the details of "getting there and back again" get handled by others in advance; the only things I generally have to worry about are whatever comes up as it happens when the plan doesn't go entirely to plan. . . or when the plan isn't much more than "a vague idea of how this is supposed to go". . .

Funny thing is I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to handle this trip being a spectator. . . usually I somehow find a way to end up part of the action regardless of the best of intentions otherwise.  I guess I just don't mind work, like to help, and like having something specific to do.  Just wandering about has never really been my thing, even if it sounds like a good idea on paper.

Thanks again!

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:53 am »
If there are any Kimbra fans out there going to Denver, on Wednesday night, Dec 11, she is performing there. General admission tickets is $19.99.

Kimbra is most known for singing the part with Gotye on his big hit, Somebody that I use to know." Kimbra looked and sounded great on that youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

2gumby2

« Reply #7 on: 6 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm »
Any good deals on rental vehicles? We're arriving on the 10th and departing on the 18th. Need a vehicle that can haul 6 people. Best deal I've found so far was at Hotwire for around $526.

OzarkTom

« Reply #8 on: 6 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm »
Any good deals on rental vehicles? We're arriving on the 10th and departing on the 18th. Need a vehicle that can haul 6 people. Best deal I've found so far was at Hotwire for around $526.

Sometimes, I have found a slightly better deal by going to Enterprise direct.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 6 Sep 2012, 01:13 pm »
Perchance are you a Costco member? I've consistantly saved at least 10% over Expedia or direct through the rental companies.

2gumby2

« Reply #10 on: 7 Sep 2012, 10:44 am »
Perchance are you a Costco member? I've consistantly saved at least 10% over Expedia or direct through the rental companies.
Not a member of Costco, but I am a member of the National Rifle Association.

2gumby2

« Reply #11 on: 7 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm »
After shopping around a good bit I ended up getting a full size SUV through Hotwire for $525 total for 8 days.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #12 on: 1 Oct 2012, 03:55 pm »
Mike "TweekGeek" Garner is giving out free passes to the show.

Register by the 9th and enter GEEK in the coupon box.  Voilà!  Free pass!  :thumb:

I suppose if you get in free this way, you would be honor bound to stop by Longs Peak Ballroom to see what Mike's got this year.   8)
« Last Edit: 2 Oct 2012, 01:28 pm by woodsyi »

tonyptony

« Reply #13 on: 1 Oct 2012, 11:02 pm »
Mike "TwekGeek" Garner is giving out free passes to the show.

Register by the 9th and enter GEEK in the coupon box.  Voilà!  Free pass!  :thumb:

I suppose if you get in free this way, you would be honor bound to stop by Longs Peak Ballroom to see what Mike's got this year.   8)

Cr@p! I already ordered my ticket.  :(

tdangelo

« Reply #14 on: 3 Oct 2012, 03:04 pm »
Mike "TweekGeek" Garner is giving out free passes to the show.

Awesome, thanks so much Mike. I just booked 2 airline tickets for my wife and myself.

Tony D.