A Bryston experience...

P1P1A6V0A1K4

A Bryston experience...
« on: 31 Mar 2024, 02:16 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm new to AudioCircle. Just wanted to share some of my recent purchase experience from Bryston so far.
I ordered a 3B cubed and BHA-1 through Spinners sound centre over 6 weeks ago. I highly recommend Spinners, it's the first time I've dealt with them and the customer service and communication has been top notch.
The 3B has not yet arrived. The BHA-1 came last week, 5 weeks after ordering. The BHA-1 has some issues, but I won't get into details until after Bryston replies to the dealer's email and acts accordingly.
I'd like to give Bryston the opportunity to deal with the issue before providing specifics. I know they've been an excellent company in the past, and because they've had several changes over the last few years, would like to give them a chance to correct this.
I'm almost 48 and am finally going to treat myself to my best and last system after being in the hobby since I was a teenager.
Once all pieces are bought, I'll only be replacing anything if it breaks or a change in streaming method is needed, etc.
I also have a BP-19 in mind, but not sure about that yet.
With spending a significant amount of money and wanting it to be my last 2 channel system, hopefully everything will work out well.
There will also be surround and headphone upgrades in the future, but not as substantial.
I'll update this later with the outcome.
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2024, 02:39 am by P1P1A6V0A1K4 »

P1P1A6V0A1K4

Re: A Bryston experience...
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2024, 02:18 am »
I'm happy to say that the 3B arrived today and it looks awesome, but I won't be able to set it up until the weekend. They still come with test report numbers as well.
Bryston also replied to the dealer quickly about my BHA-1, and they're going to build me a new one because of a few cosmetic defects on the one they sent me. They're going to let me keep using the one I have until I receive the new one.
So it seems like Bryston is trying to continue excellent service after a few years of difficult situations, some being out of their control. It's amazing to see a long running and reputable company trying to remain that way, it's a rarity.
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2024, 10:14 am by P1P1A6V0A1K4 »

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2024, 12:10 pm »
Hi,

I'm glad you have had a good experience with Bryston and good luck with your new purchases. I have a Bryston BDP PI and previously I've had their turntable.

Cheers Rod

ps. Its frustrating when you buy a new product and its not 100%.

P1P1A6V0A1K4

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2024, 04:22 pm »
Hi,

I'm glad you have had a good experience with Bryston and good luck with your new purchases. I have a Bryston BDP PI and previously I've had their turntable.

Cheers Rod

ps. Its frustrating when you buy a new product and its not 100%.

Thank you.

R. Daneel

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2024, 06:01 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm new to AudioCircle. Just wanted to share some of my recent purchase experience from Bryston so far.
I ordered a 3B cubed and BHA-1 through Spinners sound centre over 6 weeks ago. I highly recommend Spinners, it's the first time I've dealt with them and the customer service and communication has been top notch.
The 3B has not yet arrived. The BHA-1 came last week, 5 weeks after ordering. The BHA-1 has some issues, but I won't get into details until after Bryston replies to the dealer's email and acts accordingly.
I'd like to give Bryston the opportunity to deal with the issue before providing specifics. I know they've been an excellent company in the past, and because they've had several changes over the last few years, would like to give them a chance to correct this.
I'm almost 48 and am finally going to treat myself to my best and last system after being in the hobby since I was a teenager.
Once all pieces are bought, I'll only be replacing anything if it breaks or a change in streaming method is needed, etc.
I also have a BP-19 in mind, but not sure about that yet.
With spending a significant amount of money and wanting it to be my last 2 channel system, hopefully everything will work out well.
There will also be surround and headphone upgrades in the future, but not as substantial.
I'll update this later with the outcome.

Welcome aboard!

I can tell from your post that you are really excited about this! Depending on the rest of your system, you might soon find the 3B and BHA-1 are reference-class components. It would be difficult to find better ones and I can say without any hesitation that the BHA-1 Is the best headphone amplifier I have ever heard in my life.

Congratulations and I hope you will enjoy your system for many years to come!

Cheers – Antun

P1P1A6V0A1K4

« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2024, 01:13 am »
Welcome aboard!

I can tell from your post that you are really excited about this! Depending on the rest of your system, you might soon find the 3B and BHA-1 are reference-class components. It would be difficult to find better ones and I can say without any hesitation that the BHA-1 Is the best headphone amplifier I have ever heard in my life.

Congratulations and I hope you will enjoy your system for many years to come!

Cheers – Antun

Thank you!