• Industry Participant
The Great Wall?
« on: 10 Aug 2017, 02:43 pm »
Did anyone see "The Great Wall"?

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
Re: The Great Wall?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2017, 03:10 pm »
Yes I did with the family, we loved it. A nice amount of action with some funny parts, Damon is always good, a lot of Asian influence as might be expected.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2017, 03:57 pm »
It's watchable.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2017, 05:40 am »
I thought it was a hoot!  The cast was great including Pedro Pascal (best known for his portrayal of Oberin Martell on GoT) in a surprisingly funny and witty role.  Damon and Tian Jing had very good onscreen chemistry/rapport (note that she's not a love interest in the conventional sense).  I thought the effects were good and the action scenes well done.  I realize the reviews weren't very positive and the film was lambasted by the SJW's well before a single frame of film was released, so it started out in the hole.  But I don't think it was the "white savior" thing at all, and it annoys me that the clicktivists start their crusades without a clue as to what a film is actually about, just indignant about casting decisions they don't understand.

It won't win any awards but the acting is strong, the effects are good and I found it to be pretty entertaining.  YMMV.

ricmon

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2017, 08:20 pm »
I likes it as well.  Definitely not a Last Samara type of movie......

Ric

artur9

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2017, 11:45 pm »
Another thumbs up for a entertaining popcorn flick.  I grew up with Friday night creature features and this would be a great one.

I think the new-to-me category of Action Horror covers this?  Love me my action horror.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2017, 02:19 am »
I agree it was a pretty good creature feature for those who like that type of movie.