PBS "Soundbreaking: Stories From the Cutting Edge of Recorded Music"

SET Man

Hey!

I've watched this on PBS/Thirteen locally in NYC. Great documentary. If you have about 8 hours to spare you can watch the whole series on on PBS' site, I think they will be up until Nov. 29th. I hope they put this on their Youtube channel after that. But I'm sure they will rerun it on PBS channel, so also check your local PBS station for schedule.

Here's link to the site....

http://www.pbs.org/soundbreaking/episodes/

Enjoy!
Buddy  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Yep, great stuff Buddy.  :thumb:  Have caught bits & pieces on PBS here, saw most all of the "Going Electric" episode. Very interesting & educational. Never knew Charlie Christian was the 1st commercially known electric guitarist, and was 'forced' on Benny Goodman by his agent.  8)

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
This is a great series. Binge watched all of the episodes on Hulu. Learned a lot and because of the show bought some music I wouldn't normally have considered.

findog3103

Love the story of the synthesizer guys and Stevie Wonder, and about Rapper's Delight. Good stuff.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
One episode in particular, episode 4. I found it very informative. Seeing Les Paul playing.. Wow!

WGH

One of my favorite series, I really liked learning about all the back stories of the artists and music I grew up with.
And disco still sucks.

bummrush

Very nice.
 Freedom of speech is super. But i really didn't get it when a point was mentioned from a artist blaming the disco period ,like the blowing up albums at Wrigley?  Rascist.  Sorry but growing up being there for disco ,,it really did suck.