MSB Link II DAC with Many Upgrades

G.Michael

MSB Link II DAC with Many Upgrades
« on: 9 May 2011, 06:17 pm »
$435 shipping included.

With all the upgrades, this is a very good sounding DAC. Warm and fast. Quiet background. Big soundstage, strong bass.  (I'm selling it because it's in a second system and I just don't use it much.)

Regarding the upgrades: Original owner had these done:--24/96 upgrade installed by MSB, engaged by a switch on the rear of the chassis, indicated by an LED on the front panel (cost $259)--Channel Islands Audio analog section upgrade (cost $199), includes cap and Burr-Brown op amp upgrades.

My upgrades:--Very, very good power supply. Oversized toroids, high quality circuit boards with audiophile-grade diodes, caps, etc. Power switch and cables are on the back of the unit. The front of the unit has one green LED to indicate that the power supply is switched on.--Removed relay at the RCA outs and installed small wire jumpers in its place--which got the relay contacts out of the signal path. (The purpose of the relay was that, when the unit was powered off, the bypass inputs would be routed directly to the output jacks. Now the bypass inputs are disabled, and I normally keep the unit powered all the time.)

Gallery Pics here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=4566

starkiller

Re: MSB Link II DAC with Many Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2011, 05:56 pm »
Still available??

G.Michael

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2011, 09:02 pm »
Sure is.

starkiller

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2011, 10:09 pm »
You will have a PM...