BobMajor

« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2013, 12:58 pm by BobMajor »

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Re: Clark Johnson eulogy on Positive Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2013, 12:23 am »
Thanks for posting.  Enjoyed the image of Brian with Bongiorno at CES.  Clark is a decent writer. 

I humbly suggest new thread title, something like "Cheney Eulogy by Clark Johnson".  I thought Clark had passed away.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Clark Johnson eulogy on Positive Feedback
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2013, 02:08 am »
Thanks for posting.  Enjoyed the image of Brian with Bongiorno at CES.  Clark is a decent writer. 

I humbly suggest new thread title, something like "Cheney Eulogy by Clark Johnson".  I thought Clark had passed away.

I quite agree...that's exactly what I thought!

Best,
Anand.

John Casler

Re: Brian Cheney eulogy by Clark Johnson on Positive Feedback
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2013, 05:33 pm »
Thanks Clark,

Always interesting to read of some of B's experiences with people over the years.

I find the non-audio parts compelling since the first time I met B "face to face", while I wanted to talk AUDIO and SPEAKERS, he wanted to talk Walt Disney (since he had flown down to So CA to visit me, and was now close to Disneyland)

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2013, 05:51 pm »
Brian's family lived in SoCal, IIRC, next door to Ernest Borgnine, prior to Ernie's big break in the movie "Marty."  Brian told an interesting story about Ernie.  One year, around Thanksgiving, Ernie was flat out broke, with no where to celebrate the holiday.  Brian's parents invited Ernie to dinner.  Next thing they know, Marty is a hit, Ernie moves away, doesn't say good bye, and that's the end of that.

I finally rented Marty a year or so ago.  Wife and I liked it, a nice, light affair...story of an adult who lives with his widowed mother, hangs with his buddies every day, meets a great gal, his friends get jealous, he dumps the gal...I won't spoil the ending.  Black and white, Ernie's shows his future acting strengths, I liked it, especially his mom and aunt's characters, classic.  The end arrives suddenly, out of nowhere.  Really dug Ernie in that NCIS episode a few years ago, very funny. 

Can't remember if it was Brian's mom or dad who worked for Disney, decades prior to Disney becoming the current garbage dump of an entertainment industry. 

Two bits of trivia Brian shared whilst soldering crossovers one day while I assembled speakers:

"Pulling my leg" came from good ole medieval days when children were hung for stealing.  Children are too light to break their necks in hanging, so a friendly "civil servant" would pull their legs.

"His name is mud" does not denote dirt, but rather Dr. Mud.  John Wilkes Boothe of course injured his leg in the jump at the theater.  Boothe came upon a Dr. Mud, who did not check his internet news, and knew nothing of the assassination.  Mud set Boothe's leg and set him on his way.  When the posse arrived later they promptly and wrongly hung poor Dr. Mud, whose name was not cleared till, IIRC, Pres. Carter.

orthobiz

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2013, 06:02 pm »
I found the linked article illuminating. Thanks!

Paul