Need a New Camera - Suggestions?

Folsom

Re: Need a New Camera - Suggestions?
« Reply #40 on: 19 Sep 2016, 01:30 am »
Sounds like a good deal if that's the case.

bside123

« Reply #41 on: 19 Sep 2016, 03:20 am »
The Sony RX100MKII is little but mighty. It is a very fine camera, and its one inch sensor is capable of extremely high quality photos. In addition to my full frame, I have carried the RX100MKII around the world.
Great pocket camera, and I keep it in the glove box of my car... just in case. I am never disappointed at the photo quality... even in low light. Good for concert venues too. Just my 2 cents, and of course YMMV, but I don't think you can go wrong with the camera, so long as you learn how to use it. Very versatile! Zeiss Lens! Here are 4 samples taken in completely different situations: 2 color, 2 black and white.

No Ice Cream in the Rain
- Dortmund, Germany

Railway Bridge - Ohio River
- Louisville, KY

Village Kids
- Ibrahimpur, Bangladesh

Fountain Silhouette
- Lexington, KY

Wind Chaser

« Reply #42 on: 19 Sep 2016, 06:49 am »
I like the bridge and kids.  :thumb:

JohnR

« Reply #43 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:26 am »
Nice pics!  :thumb:

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #44 on: 20 Sep 2016, 10:24 am »
I replaced my SONY Cybershot with a Lumix, and couldn't be happier. One of the features I demand in a point-and-shoot is a proper optical viewfinder, and SONY no longer offers a P&S model with one. However, the image quality is what really sold me on the Panasonic. A turn-off with SONY cameras for me is the proprietary memory stick format. It's not a deal breaker, but it is a negative checkmark.

cliffy

« Reply #45 on: 20 Sep 2016, 07:03 pm »
The Sony RX100 (all versions) use an SD memory card.

bside123

« Reply #46 on: 20 Sep 2016, 07:19 pm »
Models lll & lV of the Sony RX100 also have a built in viewfinders. Model ll can be used with a high, quality Sony accessory viewfinder, same one as used other on Sony RX cameras. At this point, virtually all software can read Sony ARW (RAW) files. JPEGs have never been any problem.

There are so many quality cameras on the market at this point, in every style, make, model and price range, that high quality photos are possible from any and all of them... assuming that the camera is in the right hands. My "go to" sarcastic quip when somebody says, "Hey, your camera takes really good pictures," is "Yea, I taught it everything it knows!"  8)

Basically... buy a good quality camera that you feel comfortable with both in price range and feel... Go take lots of pictures. Practice. Get better.

SET Man

« Reply #47 on: 25 Sep 2016, 11:39 pm »
Hey!

Yup, Sony stop using that annoying Memory Stick now.

And as for the viewfinder the III and IV have built-in electronic viewfinder that pop up and that's is what sold me on the III and IV, a very helpful thing when you're in bright sun. One more important thing that also sold me on the III and IV is the zoom now is 35mm equivalent of 24-70mm the same as my zoom that I use most often on my DSLR and Mirrorless cams. And not to mention the wide f1.8-2.8 apertures also. Well, the IV does have 4K that I'm not really interested in.

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb: