For Sale - speakers and electronics

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
For Sale - speakers and electronics
« on: 26 Sep 2017, 02:04 am »
All of the below plus shipping (27529 zip) - no additional charge for PayPal. Let me know your location for a shipping quote.

"Gamechanger" CBT arrays - (10) 4" aluminum cone woofers and (30) 3/4" soft dome tweeters per cabinet, Tineo veneer with Wenge veneered bases, good condition, grills ok for shipping only, $3,000/pr. with new pre-programmed miniDSP 2x4HDP crossover.

(1) B&K PT3 Tuner-Preamp, includes manual and remote - not original box. Preamp-tuner includes an optional 12dB active crossover section (LP and HP), good condition, $100

(1) Marantz DV4500 cd-dvd player with remote, $25 (or free with the B&K purchase)

(1) Denon POA-800 amp - manual, possibly box if I can find it in my attic...lol, good condition, 50W/ch into 8 ohms, 90W/ch into 4 ohms, bridgeable, level controls on each channel, $50

(1) Dayton MA1240a multi-channel amp, manual, original box, good condition, twelve channels and each 40W/8, 60W/4, $250

« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2017, 12:35 am by Rick Craig »

xsilverjag

Re: For Sale - speakers,electronics, and drivers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2017, 09:55 am »
Is that a tono? Do you have a pic of the cab?
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2017, 11:36 am by xsilverjag »

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2017, 05:38 pm »
Is that a tono? Do you have a pic of the cab?

A modified Tono. I have two different ribbon tweeters and this one is a little larger than the one used in the Tono and Transparente. It's the same ribbon that I have in the Anniversario. The cabinet is 15" H x 10.25" W x 9.5" D. Here are the pictures :
***SOLD***

« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2017, 12:34 am by Rick Craig »

xsilverjag

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2017, 12:34 pm »
Rick, I'm debating buying the mod Tono and then building a "hybrid Tono" with a SB23MFCL45-8. Does the passive cross over sound better than the DSP or is relative?

Also.. How would this compare to Cantilena you xo'd. I built one this past year and love it just getting ready for a new project.

Rick Craig

• Facilitator
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:23 pm »
Rick, I'm debating buying the mod Tono and then building a "hybrid Tono" with a SB23MFCL45-8. Does the passive cross over sound better than the DSP or is relative?

Also.. How would this compare to Cantilena you xo'd. I built one this past year and love it just getting ready for a new project.

It really depends on the system and room. Obviously I have designed and built many speakers with passive crossovers that perform well. DSP has the advantage of room EQ / correction. I think many audiophiles spend lots of money changing out equipment and cables but never address room issues. A great speaker can be ruined by a bad room and most have bass peaks at the very least.

That said, some driver combinations benefit more than others from an active crossover. With the hybrid version of the Tono it can be configured as a 3-way or like a 2-way with a subwoofer. Passively it can be a nice 3-way and with better performance than the Cantilena. Greater dynamic capability in the midrange and a much better tweeter.