HD-Plex Linear Power Supply - an affordable linear power supply

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The HD-Plex Linear Power Supply is a four rail 100W rated power supply with low ripple noise and is void of high-frequency noise. The unit has independent 19VDC, 12VDC, 9VDC, and 5VDC output and can power four devices simultaneously.

FEATURES
Hi-end ELNA capacitors
100VA R-Core transformer
Linear Technology LT1083 low dropout positive fixed regulators
Black anodized over brushed aluminum
Blue LED power indicator on the front faceplate
Power on/off switch on the rear faceplate
Overvoltage protection
Overload protection
Overcurrent protection
Short circuit protection
IEC input power connector with built-in EMI filter

OUTPUTS
19VDC, 7A max, 5A full load, 3mVp-p ripple
12VDC, 7A max, 5A full load, 2mVp-p ripple
9VDC, 3A max, 2A full load, 2mVp-p ripple
5VDC, 3A max, 2A full load, 2mVp-p ripple

COMPATIBILITY
19V/7AMP Output via XLR connector supports thin ITX/NUC/HDPLEX 250W DC-ATX converter
12V/7AMP Output via XLR connector supports PicoPSU or 12V based CE device
9V/2AMP Output supports SoTM PCIe USB card
5V/2AMP Output supports PPA (Paul Professional Audio) USB audio card and Squeezebox

CERTIFICATIONS
CE/EN60950-1 (TCT1405072566S-1)
RoHS (TCT1405074557R-1)
FCC (TCT1405074391F-1)
EMC (TCT1405073270E-1)

ACCESSORIES INCLUDED
1x XLR---7.4*5.0 w/PIN cable(3ft/1m)
1x XLR---5.5-2.5/2.1mm dual purpose connector cable(3ft/1m)
1x GX16-2---5.5*2.5/2.1mm dual purpose connector cable(3ft/1m) for SoTM USB card external 9V input
1 x GX16-2---4PIN Molex Cable(20cm) connects to 250W Hi-Fi DC-ATX converter inside the HDPLEX Fanless Chassis
1 x XLR---GX16-2 Cable (3ft/1m)
1 x 5.5/2.5mm----4PIN Molex cable (bridge cable for PPA USB card Molex 5V input)

OPTIONS
HD-Plex 250W Audiophile DC-ATX Converter http://www.sales.sonore.us/HD-Plex.html#2 

SPECIFICATIONS
Power requirements: 120VAC / 220VAC selectable via external switch
Frequency: 50Hz / 60Hz
Idle Power Consumption: < 0.45W
Operating Temperature: -10C - 70C
Dimension: 250mm (L) x 180mm (W) x 70mm (H)
Weight: 5kg / 11 lbs

AVAILABILITY
http://www.sonore.us
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2019, 10:59 pm by vortecjr »

mr_bill

Jesus,
What devices do I use this power supply with?

jonbee

Jesus,
19 V. is right for a lot of laptops and smaller computers with external PSs.
This looks way cool, and is a sorely needed product at the price!

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Jesus,

I have been testing it with various audio devices around house. I currently have it hooked up to a SOtM Mini Server that is indirectly powering a SOtM headphone DAC/AMP. However, it could easily power a Intel based music server and external NAS or USB drive.

Jesus R   

DTB300

Is this unit only19V and 12V, or can the 12V be changed to another value?

DTB300

FYI - heard back from vendor.   Outputs cannot be changed.

DTB300

Picked up 2 of these from Jesus...

I am running an Intel i5 NUC + DSpeaker 8033S on one, and External USB HDD on the other.

A very nice improvement in sound quality - more than I expected.   Smoother, larger, stronger are the words that come to mind.   A very worthwhile investment for the audio rig.

beowulf

Hey guys, I'm just jumping in on this (although I've been using an Asus VivoPC for a while now as a playback source with JRiver MC 20 and Windows 8.1).  I'm trying to think of low cost ways to improve performance.  I've been reading a bit about LPSU's and they seem to be good bang for the buck.

I have a couple of questions to get started ...

1. Does an LPSU benefit anything with a wall wart OR does it have to be a power brick type?

2. The Asus VivoPC VM40 comes with a power brick rated @ 65 watts and 19v, does it look like the Sonore may work for my application?

Link to manual: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Desktop/Vivo_PC/VM40B/E8733_Vivopc_VM40B.pdf

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Hey guys, I'm just jumping in on this (although I've been using an Asus VivoPC for a while now as a playback source with JRiver MC 20 and Windows 8.1).  I'm trying to think of low cost ways to improve performance.  I've been reading a bit about LPSU's and they seem to be good bang for the buck.

I have a couple of questions to get started ...

1. Does an LPSU benefit anything with a wall wart OR does it have to be a power brick type?

2. The Asus VivoPC VM40 comes with a power brick rated @ 65 watts and 19v, does it look like the Sonore may work for my application?

Link to manual: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Desktop/Vivo_PC/VM40B/E8733_Vivopc_VM40B.pdf

You would plug this directly into the wall and the unit can handle those power requirements.

beowulf

You would plug this directly into the wall and the unit can handle those power requirements.

Thanks for the advice and input!

Jon L

19 V. is right for a lot of laptops and smaller computers with external PSs.
This looks way cool, and is a sorely needed product at the price!

I've got one of these powering a C.A.P.S. v3 server currently, and it's an incredible value at that price.  It's built like a brick as well. 
Being the tweaker that I am, I will be making some larger awg DC cable for this baby soon.. :thumb:

beowulf

I've got one of these powering a C.A.P.S. v3 server currently, and it's an incredible value at that price.  It's built like a brick as well. 
Being the tweaker that I am, I will be making some larger awg DC cable for this baby soon.. :thumb:

Since it can power 2 devices do you plug anything else into it?  I was thinking that I would plug both my Asus Vivo PC and WD My Cloud NAS into it.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Update: The HD-Plex Linear Power Supply is now a four rail 100W rated power supply with low ripple noise. The unit has independent 19VDC, 12VDC, 9VDC, and 5VDC output and can power four devices simultaneously.

Jesus R

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the unit?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Dimension: 250mm (L) x 180mm (W) x 70mm (H)

Jesus R

wisnon

I have been testing it with various audio devices around house. I currently have it hooked up to a SOtM Mini Server that is indirectly powering a SOtM headphone DAC/AMP. However, it could easily power a Intel based music server and external NAS or USB drive.

Jesus R

Excellent offering Jesus!

Blu99Zoomer

Jesus,

How does the sound out of the Mini Server compare between the battery and this HD-Plex Linear Power Supply?  Thanks.

Blu99Zoomer

munosmario

Update: The HD-Plex Linear Power Supply is now a four rail 100W rated power supply with low ripple noise. The unit has independent 19VDC, 12VDC, 9VDC, and 5VDC output and can power four devices simultaneously.

Jesus R

Jesus, do you offer a customer satisfaction trial period?

AKLegal

I have owned one these for about a week and I love it.  It powers my music server, external hard drive, and schiit USB wyrd USB conditioner.  So it allowed me to remove three cheap switching power supplies from my system.  Well built but the front led is piercingly bright. 8)

AKLegal

Eliminating all those cheap switching power supplies from my system has worked wonders.  The sound is much much smoother now.  If you have a music server this is a no brainer.  Really high quality for small amount of money.