HD-Plex Linear Power Supply - an affordable linear power supply

pete86

AKLegal,
How are you connecting the HDPlex LPS to the Schiit Wyrd?  The wall wart that comes with the Wyrd provides 6VAC.  Are you using the 5VDC rail or the 9VDC rail?  Thanks.

scheiner

Hi, Can I adjust the 9v rail to output 5v so I have 2 outputs of 5v ?

mikeeastman

I just picked up a HD-Plex PS and it has an adjustable out put, but no instruction on how to do the adjustment, I e-mailed the manufacture but got no response. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the out put?

occamsrazor

I read in another thread that basically you just need to turn the screw/controller on the back while measuring the output with a multimeter.

mikeeastman

What screw on the back?  :scratch:

occamsrazor

Sorry I thought you had the latest model, the back of which looks like this:

http://www.hd-plex.com/images/product/linearpsu/compatibility/100W.LPSU.Back.jpg

mikeeastman

I was told it was the latest model and it has the label that says it's adjustable, but there is no screw, so it must not be adjustable.

Thanks for info occamsrazor.

occamsrazor

I think it may still be, but perhaps not externally. Sorry I don't know more just what I've read, I don't actually have one

AKLegal

AKLegal,
How are you connecting the HDPlex LPS to the Schiit Wyrd?  The wall wart that comes with the Wyrd provides 6VAC.  Are you using the 5VDC rail or the 9VDC rail?  Thanks.

It turns out that I was not supposed to be doing that. :duh:  It did work with the 9VDC rail but the HDPlex outputs DC and the Wyrd needs ac input because it has the ac/dc converter built in to the unit.  Im glad nothing burned up during the 2-3 months I ran it like this.  The Wyrd still works lol.

rodge827

Gents,

Has any one measured the outputs for the "actual" voltages?

I have need for 12v and 9v where the 9v cannot exceed 9.4v.

Chris

AKLegal

Gents,

Has any one measured the outputs for the "actual" voltages?

I have need for 12v and 9v where the 9v cannot exceed 9.4v.

Chris

Email HDPlex.  They are really good about customizing.

Bones13

I use my HD Plex PSU for my uRendu, and a DIY PC in a HD Plex box. I did hook up my multimeter as I adjusted the adjustable output for the uRendu. Comments in some of the forums recommend 7v if possible. Actually the adjustable output on my box has a minimum output of 7.5v, which was verified by my multimeter. Works great.

Now if I can figure out why the PC turned off, and wont turn on... (I am currently building and amp, and using my NAS as the Roon server, so fixing the PC is not on the front burner)

pbelo

Have a HDPlex 400W to feed a i7 Server insides + Micro rendu 7 V + Router 5V and still have 2 DC outputs available .

Great machine .