Ulysses For Sale

misterclean

Ulysses For Sale
« on: 6 Jun 2017, 07:03 pm »
 I just posted an ad in the classifieds, but wanted to give a heads up here for anyone who might be in the market for a pair of Ulysses speakers in pristine condition. With a great deal of reluctance, I am selling mine.

I bought these about six years ago from a gentleman who had them for only a few months. I had them shipped directly to Lou for the all-poly capacitor upgrade before they were shipped to me. I have had them ever since as the centerpiece of my system. Of course, they are every bit as beautiful and musical as their reputation suggests. I really hate to see them go. These are the ultimate music lover's speaker, easy to drive, and gorgeous to behold.

These are done in quartersawn white oak and come with the bases and grills. If you live anywhere near western North Carolina, you are welcome to come and inspect them and hear them in my system. I have the original  boxes and all packing material from Daedalus, but would prefer not to ship them if it can be avoided. If they do need to be shipped, I can work this out with the buyer.

Given how rarely these come up for sale and the incredible, enduring quality and musicality of the speaker, my asking price of $8000 seems fair, though I will entertain all serious offers.

I will include pics as soon as my iphone cooperates with uploading them. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

misterclean

Re: Ulysses For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2017, 03:34 pm »

Dropping these to $7200. If you have been thinking and dreaming about getting a pair of Ulysses, here's a great pair at a great price.

flight46

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2017, 05:30 pm »
Hello, I tried to send an email due to your other post not having a "reply" tab. I am very interested in your speakers even though I live on the wrong coast (Oregon).
Are the speakers still for sale? Would like to talk more about them. Thanks.

Mark

misterclean

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2017, 07:51 pm »

Hi Mark,
Yes, I still have them. Send me a private message and I will give you my phone number, or will answer any questions.

Regards,
Chris

flight46

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2017, 10:53 pm »
Private message sent. Please let me know that it arrived safely.

Regards

Mark

misterclean

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2017, 02:12 am »

I don't see it in my message box, but I tried sending you one as well. We'll connect one way or the other so that I can answer your questions about these speakers.

Cheers--
Chris

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2017, 02:30 am »
Mark, first, welcome to AudioCircle!

Next, regarding your PM attempts, looking at your post count, your account is probably still restricted based on the forum rules for new accounts, which would block you from using the PM system.

I'm going from memory here, but if I remember similar situations in the past, 4 posts to the forum is the minimum gate to unlock the rest of the site features (including access to the trading post).  My suggestion would be to make a few more posts in the forums, and your PMs should start going through correctly.

Cheers!

flight46

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2017, 07:47 pm »
Jonathon,

Thanks, guess that's why I'm a newbie on the site. Appreciate the help/advice!

Regards,

Mark

misterclean

« Reply #8 on: 2 Aug 2017, 03:53 am »

Mark,
I sent you a message but I suppose you will not see it until you have made the requisite number of posts. A few more exchanges here ought to do it, and then we can chat via message.

Thanks for your persistence!

Chris

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 2 Aug 2017, 11:02 pm »
one more point of etiquette if you don't mind. It would be appreciated if and for sale posts that are in someones circle (as opposed to in the for sale) get an OK from the circle admin before posting.
Sorry to see you selling your Daedalus but someone is going to get a killer deal.

thanks,
lou

misterclean

« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2017, 12:53 am »

So sorry for the breach of etiquette, Lou. As I mentioned in the initial post, I posted this in the trading post first and then followed up with a post in your circle in the event fans of your speakers might not be in the habit of checking the trading post.

No question, this is indeed a killer deal. I am shocked they haven't sold already.

Best,
Chris

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 3 Aug 2017, 03:31 am »
no worries!!  I'm sure they will sell soon...