Need Supertower/R and Tower ii Schematic

ST86

Need Supertower/R and Tower ii Schematic
« on: 15 Apr 2015, 01:26 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone have Supertower/R or Tower ii schematics?  Looking for schematics from 1985 to 1990 vintage.  I have my Supertower/R schematic from my kit but want to compare it to others.  I think I may have a midrange wiring problem.  I don't have schematic for my Tower ii. 

Thanks,

Ed

RSorak

• Facilitator
Re: Need Supertower/R and Tower ii Schematic
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2015, 03:28 pm »

ST86

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2015, 03:47 pm »
Thank you for posting.  The first thing that strikes me is the capacitor value for the mids in the drawing is 4.19uF.  Mine is around 50uF, over an order of magnitude different.  Wouldn't that change the crossover frequency by a decade?  What mids are you using?  Any other Supertower/R owners know the value of this cap in their cabinets?  I wonder if this is part of my problem.

Ed

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2015, 03:54 pm »
my mids are carbon fiber cone speakers, not the Dynaribbons.

RSorak

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2015, 04:03 pm »
My speakers are diff from most Towers I've seen:

ST86

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2015, 04:10 pm »
Well, that could explain some of it.  Your mids are different.  Where is the crossover point to your mids?  Mine originally was at 600 Hz, then changed to 450 Hz.  My mids look like this:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc130a-8-5-1-4-classic-woofer-speaker--295-303

except they are four ohms instead of eight.  Brian called them the "classic mids" when I ordered them from him but I don't know where he got them.  The resemblance could be coincidental.

Ed