New Preamp: LS 100 and Options!

roscoeiii

Re: New Preamp: LS 100 and Options!
« Reply #160 on: 22 Jan 2014, 02:54 am »
Hello All,

I know this topic does not get that many posts, but I was hoping to get some idea of what folks with the LS-100 w/phono are doing with their mono LPs. This is the one area where I feel that Dan may have dropped the ball a little, ie. a lack of a mono switch.

Playing mono LPs (stereo cart) with L+R summed has some significant advantages with the most obvious being a reduction in noise due to out-of-phase components picked up by the L and R signals that get summed. Way back (around 10 years ago) I used to use double Y-connector cables to sum L+R and then split the signal to the L and R phono inputs. Then I got a phono pre with a mono switch (ARC PH5). Not sure if the Y-connector method is the best way to go and I was wondering if Dan has thought about this or dealt with this issue with other customers.

BTW, the LS-100 phono section runs rings around the PH5. I'm using a Tele 12AT7 with a RCA 12AU7 and the depth is stunning, its also very quiet. The whole thing has put me in a state of shock for the price. Its a very impressive package all the way through.

Just get a mono cart, and you'll be fine... :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #161 on: 16 Jun 2014, 02:23 pm »
I am trying to find out what the output impedance of the LS100 is and I can't find it so far. It may be in this thread, but I am unable to open page three - I get a message that malware has been found on page 3 from gregdooley.com, and Google Chrome blocks it.

Does anybody know the output impedance of this preamp?

(I feel like I asked this question awhile back, but I can't remember it and I forgot to write it down  :oops:)

Audioclyde

« Reply #162 on: 16 Jun 2014, 08:33 pm »
I am trying to find out what the output impedance of the LS100 is and I can't find it so far. It may be in this thread, but I am unable to open page three - I get a message that malware has been found on page 3 from gregdooley.com, and Google Chrome blocks it.

Does anybody know the output impedance of this preamp?

(I feel like I asked this question awhile back, but I can't remember it and I forgot to write it down  :oops:)

From the manual on the Modwright website, 300 ohms....

SoCalWJS

« Reply #163 on: 17 Jun 2014, 03:44 am »
From the manual on the Modwright website, 300 ohms....
Thank you - now I see it in the manual .

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
« Reply #164 on: 10 Sep 2014, 04:31 am »
How is the HT bypass intended to work on the LS100?  On mine, activating HT/BP from the front panel allows the HT signal to pass through but whichever input that was selected prior to selecting HT/BP also gets mixed in with the HT signal.  If the CD input was previously selected, I'll hear the HT signal plus the CD signal mixed together (assuming that the CD is still playing, of course!).  Is this the intended behavior?  Thanks!