Another new product coming - The Corvina headphone amplifier!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All,

We anticipate that by the end of this month, we will be into production of a
new, high-value headphone amplifier (without built-in d/a converter) -
The Corvina LFP-V Edition.

Details:

-- Class-A LFP-V Tube input stage

-- Offered with our singled-ended output stage, or upgraded balanced output stage (4-pin XLR)

-- 2 switchable inputs

-- LiFePO4 battery pack and charger (It is an LFP-V Edition product, afterall

-- LFP-V SMART board

-- Alps Blue Velvet volume control

-- Optional linear-regulated dc output jack to feed other compoents off-the-grid, making for a
fully transportable headphone listening experience

-- Price: $1000 (single-ended output stage)
            $1500 (discrete, balanced output stage via Neutrik 4-pin XLR

We are now taking pre-orders, and if you order this month, you can take advantage of our 10% off September promotion:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98258.0

Compared to our Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition, the Corvina will be in a smaller 10" wide X 6" deep enclosure and will not have our built in Isabellina (or Isabellina Pro) dac board. 

The rear panel layout is going to be different, and the front panel will resemble the Isabellina HPA, but smaller.

Webpage, pictures, and more details coming md to late September.  Pre-order one now and save!

If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind , LiFePO4 powered tube hybrid headphone amplifier that can drive just about every headphone out there, (Even AKG K1000 if you request high gain balanced output) this is the one that will set a new standard in this price - guaranteed  by our 30-day refund policy. 

Come listen at RMAF CanJam Room at the ALO Audio table!

Vinnie

flatmap

The Corvina headphone amplifier -- Questions!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm »
I am excited to hear about the new Corvina.  I have some questions.  :)

1. What is the benefit of balanced vs. single ended?  More power?  Quieter?  More subtle musical rendering?  More dynamic?

2. If I get the single ended version now, is it a reasonable thought to rewire for balanced later on if desired? 

3. I've heard the Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition at a head-fi meet. Or perhaps it was the Isabella...  That was pretty a pretty wonderful listening experience: clear, quiet, & involving.  Will the single ended Corvina have exactly the same headphone amp?  Or is this a new circuit?

saisunil

Wow Vinnie ... sounds like a winner to me for $1k ...Would love to hear it with LCD2 ...
All the best! :thumb: Sunil.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: The Corvina headphone amplifier -- Questions!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2011, 08:09 pm »
I am excited to hear about the new Corvina.  I have some questions.  :)

1. What is the benefit of balanced vs. single ended?  More power?  Quieter?  More subtle musical rendering?  More dynamic?

2. If I get the single ended version now, is it a reasonable thought to rewire for balanced later on if desired? 

3. I've heard the Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition at a head-fi meet. Or perhaps it was the Isabella...  That was pretty a pretty wonderful listening experience: clear, quiet, & involving.  Will the single ended Corvina have exactly the same headphone amp?  Or is this a new circuit?

Hi Flatmap,

1) The Balanced output stage has way more power (5Wrms per channel into 32-ohm), way better dynamics, it is quieter, and does a better job with presenting fine details (especially at lower listening levels).  For LCD-2s, HE-6s, HE-500s, HD-600, 650s, 800s, and others, it really brings them to life! 

That being said, the single-ended output is very good and all the Isabellina HPA / Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition customer and profession reviews confirm it.  But for $500 more, the Balanced output stage brings about a very noticeable improvement - specially with the headphones mentioned above!

2) Yes, you can always upgrade later.  You'll need to pay for the shipping, but the upgrade can be done later if funds are tight right now.  This is true with all our products that have upgrade options.

3) The single-ended headphone stage is the same.  The balanced headphone stage is new.  If it had the 4-pin XLR, then it was the new balanced headphone stage.

If you liked the Isabellina HPA, the Corvina is the same unit without the Isabellina dac built-in, and with 2 analog inputs instead of 3 digital inputs.  And no remote volume for the Corvina... but the price is reduced accordingly  :wink:

And the tube rolling will be a blast with the Corvina as well - so we'll keep that thread on the RWA forum rolling, too!  8)

Vinnie

flatmap

Vinnie,

Thanks for these clarifying replies, especially on the benefits of balanced. 

Am now scrutinizing my bank account, accordingly.   :)

saisunil

Hi Vinnie,

1. Can it have both SE and balanced headphone output ... for me if I am going balanced - I can't lose SE option.
2. Also how is the headamp section different from Audeze edition (non-cosmetics) ...
3. How heavy?

I want a battery powered transportable (small form factor) headphone reference system ... and this one is ringing bells :)

Thanks
Sunil.

OzarkTom

That looks like a very viable product. Now to save up the bucks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Hi Vinnie,

1. Can it have both SE and balanced headphone output ... for me if I am going balanced - I can't lose SE option.
2. Also how is the headamp section different from Audeze edition (non-cosmetics) ...
3. How heavy?

I want a battery powered transportable (small form factor) headphone reference system ... and this one is ringing bells :)

Thanks
Sunil.

Hi Sunil,

1) No - one or the other.  We can't fit both into the smaller enclosure we are using.

2) When purchased with the balanced output, it's very close.  But not Isabellina Pro dac, and no remote volume control. 

3) Should be approx. 6 lbs.

I want a battery powered transportable (small form factor) headphone reference system ... and this one is ringing bells

THIS IS IT!  :singing:

Vinnei

winebroker2007

Hi Vinnie:

How will the Corvina (as opposed to the Isabellina HPA) work with my RWA-modded Olive Musica?  Will I lose a lot of "improvement" (over the standalone Musica) without the DAC?

--George

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Hi Vinnie:

How will the Corvina (as opposed to the Isabellina HPA) work with my RWA-modded Olive Musica?  Will I lose a lot of "improvement" (over the standalone Musica) without the DAC?

--George

Hi George,

The modded analog outputs of the Musica will work very well into the Corvina. 

Feeding the digital out of the Musica into an Isabellina HPA (which is essentially the Corvina with Isabellina dac)
will sound better - but it is more costly.

You can always trade-up the Corvina to an Isabellina HPA in the future (100% trade in credit)....

Either way, you'll be making a good decision and will enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Vinnie

slefley

Re: Another new product coming - The Corvina headphone amplifier!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2011, 05:27 pm »
Vinnie - is there an option to pay extra for a remote volume control?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: Another new product coming - The Corvina headphone amplifier!
« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2011, 05:30 pm »
Hi slefley,

Not for the Corvina desktop headphone amp - the reason is because it simply
won't fit in the smaller enclosure.

Sincerely,

Vinnie