Output impedance of GG DAC

Dracule1

• Volunteer
Output impedance of GG DAC
« on: 10 Nov 2015, 03:15 pm »
Does anyone know what the output impedance of GG DAC with the various output tubes?  I tried to get an answer through Lampizator in Poland but never got a response.

wisnon

Re: Output impedance of GG DAC
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2015, 04:36 pm »
Is it on the spec sheet supplied with the Dac?

Older generation Dacs were like 600ohms to 1K ohm.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2015, 04:48 pm »
I didn't see any when I received the DAC. I contacted Lampizator couple of months ago about this. He was going to check but I never received an update. I'm assuming the impedance is going to depend on the type of tube used in the output.

wisnon

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2015, 05:11 pm »
I dont know...

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2015, 01:30 am »
Well I emailed Lampizator again. I'm surprised it has been published on their website yet. Let see if they respond.

wisnon

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2015, 07:08 pm »
I will ask when I next speak with him.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2015, 08:27 pm »
Thanks for your help, Wisnon.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2015, 01:28 pm »
Wisnon, any news from them?  I never got a response from Lampizator, despite several emails.  Seems like such an easy thing to figure out for them. :scratch:

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2015, 01:34 pm »
I havent spoken to him in over a week. I am a bit pressed at work and dont have a lot of time at the moment. It takes a few attempts to get thru to Lukasz as he is always busy.

sfox7076

« Reply #9 on: 16 Nov 2015, 02:38 pm »
Is this with or without the volume control?

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 16 Nov 2015, 02:40 pm »
Is this with or without the volume control?

Without volume control.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 16 Nov 2015, 02:41 pm »
I havent spoken to him in over a week. I am a bit pressed at work and dont have a lot of time at the moment. It takes a few attempts to get thru to Lukasz as he is always busy.

Yes, I noticed it takes multiple attempts to get a hold of him or his staff.

Berto

« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2015, 04:22 pm »
Yes, I noticed it takes multiple attempts to get a hold of him or his staff.

I respond to you immediately Mike, ALWAYS!

Lukasz runs a small and VERY busy shop but I called him this morning and and he immediately picks up the phone. I  even extended you my calling card and Lukasz's personal phone #, so you could call for FREE on our dime. Instead you rather try and publicly shame us I see.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2015, 05:34 pm »

I respond to you immediately Mike, ALWAYS!

Lukasz runs a small and VERY busy shop but I called him this morning and and he immediately picks up the phone. I  even extended you my calling card and Lukasz's personal phone #, so you could call for FREE on our dime. Instead you rather try and publicly shame us I see.

OK let this get something straight.  By lampizator and staff, I did not mean YOU because you were not involved in the sale of our GG DAC.  You told me to ask Lukasz about it, which I have several times with no response, first time being back in August.  You provided me with his number and calling card, which I do appreciate, but I told you I do not want to use your money to contact him.  For me, emailing is the best way because of the time difference between US and Poland and my busy schedule at work.  In no way am I trying to shame you or lampizator because I think GG is a great DAC!!!!  Others have also confessed Lampizator is difficult to get a hold of, which I understand given his small operation.  This is why I come to this board because I can't get an answer directly from the man himself.

If it is so easy for you to get a hold of Lukasz given that your the North American distributor, you could have answered my question, but you instead told me to contact him myself.  I have always felt uneasy contacting you because you seem to have an issue with me. So  I will no longer EVER contact you again regarding any issues with this DAC.  This could have been handled easily off this forum without you trying to accuse of me something I wasn't trying to do. 

Berto

« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2015, 06:04 pm »
 Me and Fred bust our ass to  provide everyone with great customer service. I've called you personally in regards to your transformer hum which turned out to be DC on your lines. I've also helped you attain tubes for your GG at a discount price.  So to hear you announce we provide less then stellar service is simply not true.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2015, 06:55 pm »
Me and Fred bust our ass to  provide everyone with great customer service. I've called you personally in regards to your transformer hum which turned out to be DC on your lines. I've also helped you attain tubes for your GG at a discount price.  So to hear you announce we provide less then stellar service is simply not true.

I think you've taken this too personally or taken my posts the wrong way.  I never said YOU provide less than stellar service. Please show me where I posted that. The only thing I've said was I've been having difficulty getting hold of Lampizator in Poland for a specific issue. 

As for the transformer hum, the solution was given to me by a poster on this forum, which I find has been tremendous help when others can't help. But I have expressed my appreciation of your help when I've been in communication with you.  BTW, I've never had any other component in my system hum because of the DC contamination, so it took awhile to figure out what was causing it.

As for the 300B tube I bought from you, I could have purchased them for essentially the same price off of eBay.  But because of your help in the past and on your recommendation, I got them from you and kept them even though one of the tubes came with a free fragment of glass within the tube.  I didn't know you were doing me a favor.  So if it fails within the warrantee period, I will not ask for refund or replacement, since unbeknownst to me it was a favor from you.

We can go back and forth about this, but in the long run it may not be in your best interest to do so.  I will take your comments as a misunderstanding and leave it at that.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2015, 07:35 pm »

Boy, I didn't expect this type of response from the distributor himself.  Having some time to reflect, I think there's been a lot of misunderstanding by both.  I apologize if I seemed like I was criticizing you personally.  I was not.

Berto

« Reply #17 on: 16 Nov 2015, 08:55 pm »
Mike I apologize as well.  I'm happy you are enjoying your dac. If you have any issues feel free to contact me to resolve them. Especially if Lukasz is not responding as quickly as you would like.

wisnon

« Reply #18 on: 17 Nov 2015, 04:40 pm »
OK,

I finally found the time to contact Luk and here is the response (I think i have it all correct):

He did verification measurements for all his DHT dacs (Lite 7, Big 7, Golden Gate)

The results are as follows:
101D:  4,2k
45:  1,9k
300B : 1,6 k
In balanced version the given values are PER PHASE.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 17 Nov 2015, 08:35 pm »
Thank you Wisnon and Lukasz!  This is very helpful, especially for those who like using passive preamps.