Bad motorcycle accident results in LS-6's for sale.

Danny Richie

Hey folks, let's help this guy out.

Tom is one of our customers. He was involved in a life changing motorcycle accident. He posted about it here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139824.msg1529320#msg1529320

It sounds like he was lucky to be alive after this one. And yes, he even caught on fire.

So Tom now has some pretty large medical bills and he is having to liquidate some things to pay for those bills. This includes his beloved audio system. Tom has a really nice set of LS-6's and some Channel Islands 200 watt Monoblocks too.

LS-6's don't come up for sale too often and for those of you that have been wanting a pair, now is your chance. Plus you'll be helping a guy out that really needs it.

Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested and I'll get you in touch with Tom.

tubesaab

Re: Bad motorcycle accident results in LS-6's for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2016, 04:55 pm »
I feel sorry to hear  about such accident --hope he gets fine

when i read about this i am so happy that i live in Denmark,,,i pay a lot of money in Tax,,and therefor i have all my healthcare,,operation on hospital ,,only few money to medicine..and so on

normally no problem to get sick in Denmark,,we can still have a decent life...we live in a great country ,

all my best to Tom

hope someone will buy those great speaker,,,they are really hard to beat,,(i have the LS9)  and those are so far the best speaker i have owned

Best regards
Bjarne    From Denmark

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2016, 06:06 pm »
I feel sorry to hear  about such accident --hope he gets fine

Bjarne    From Denmark

Same here (beautiful speakers though).

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2016, 11:01 pm »
I knew he smashed up but didn't realize it put him behind the 8 ball financially.
I'm too poor and not in the market but I hope it works out for him.

sfox7076

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2016, 03:21 am »
Medical issues are one of the leading causes of personal bankruptcy in the US. Sad.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2016, 06:33 pm »
I feel bad for this poor guy, get all busted up and then have to sell the one thing that would make sitting around healing a lot better.

Hope you heal fast and fully, looks like a bad accident.

mr_bill

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2016, 07:03 pm »
Danny,
Are there specs or a link to this speaker?
Is it your product or AV123?
Thanks,

Doublej

« Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2016, 08:42 pm »
A factual (not political question) Isn't this type of thing the exact thing that Obamacare is supposed to cover? Or is it saddle shaped insurance where the policy holder pays the first $X and then insurance kicks in for a while but stops paying after $Y?

Positive healing thoughts for Tom...

wgallupe

« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2016, 09:01 pm »
A factual (not political question) Isn't this type of thing the exact thing that Obamacare is supposed to cover? Or is it saddle shaped insurance where the policy holder pays the first $X and then insurance kicks in for a while but stops paying after $Y?

Obamacare aside, you still have to buy health insurance. My guess is that he has a 'basic' (low cost) health insurance plan with a high deductible amount and a high 'maximum out of pocket' amount.     

RusskySam

« Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2016, 09:04 pm »
Isn't this type of thing the exact thing that Obamacare is supposed to cover?

1) Even with Obamacare max out-of-pocket limit is $6,850.
2) Some expenses (like a helicopter) might not be covered by medical insurance.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #11 on: 12 Aug 2016, 09:07 pm »

A lot of what the ACA is for is to cover preventative care at 100%. For instance I own a business so I use what you might call catastrophic insurance, which is basically just a high deductible. But, even thou I have that high deductible many visits are covered without any out of pocket cost to me. Of course it also keeps the insurance companies from denying coverage to someone who switches jobs and reapplies for new insurance but has an existing condition. It does cost me more, but not that much more considering a lot of things are covered that weren't covered before. The problem is like always, you still have to pay a percentage of the costs, and even thou it might only be 10%, that is a lot of money with a long recovery time and a lot of needed care.