Sold: Forte Model 40 class A preamp SOLD:

WireNut

Sold: Forte Model 40 class A preamp SOLD:
« on: 13 Feb 2016, 06:02 pm »
Sold to Wkjeffers

« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016, 10:44 pm by WireNut »

roncagg

Steve what is the gain and output impedance of this preamp?

starkiller

Re: Forte Model 40 class A preamp with external power supply.
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2016, 09:12 pm »
Hmm, this has a 2nd set of outs which I could use with a sub eh?

roncagg

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2016, 12:16 am »
This is a great deal. For the benefit of whoever gets it I will share the results of my research: on the gain question, Nelson Pass himself responded to my question in the DIY forum, writing: "The phono stage is about 40 dB at 1 KHz, switchable to 60 dB for MC cartridges. The high level stage is probably 20 dB." On the impedance question, Jon Soderberg <vintageamp@surewest.net> wrote:

"Hi Ron,
I believe it is 100 ohms. I'm am sure it will work just fine.  Just avoid long cables.
I replace the electrolytic caps for $350"

Good luck with the sale!

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2016, 01:29 am »
This is a great deal. For the benefit of whoever gets it I will share the results of my research: on the gain question, Nelson Pass himself responded to my question in the DIY forum, writing: "The phono stage is about 40 dB at 1 KHz, switchable to 60 dB for MC cartridges. The high level stage is probably 20 dB." On the impedance question, Jon Soderberg <vintageamp@surewest.net> wrote:

"Hi Ron,
I believe it is 100 ohms. I'm am sure it will work just fine.  Just avoid long cables.
I replace the electrolytic caps for $350"

Good luck with the sale!

Hi Ron. What I really like about this preamp is that is sounds better then most even tube pres .And I really like how dead quite it is. Nelson did a good job on this one. For $300.00 it is a steal. It's in perfect shape no dings scratches or marks . You have my word. Check my feedback on audiogon and usaudiomart under sjcinci for a 100% stafaction for many years. You won't be sorry.

wkjeffers

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2016, 03:15 am »
Message sent

I would like to purchase this.

WireNut

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2016, 05:00 pm »
Sold to Wkjeffers
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm by WireNut »