How Old is Your Reaction Time?

Scott F.

Re: How Old is Your Reaction Time?
« Reply #20 on: 7 Feb 2016, 11:52 pm »
On my first try, I was using a wireless keyboard my reaction time was 394ms, or the reaction time of a 30 year old.

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead before it figures out I'm north of 55.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #21 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:39 am »
It seem to be making most of us younger than we really are.  Perhaps audiophiles are prone to quickness. Who knows? 
« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2016, 02:57 pm by S Clark »

*Scotty*

« Reply #22 on: 8 Feb 2016, 01:51 am »
Here is an article on the Just Park Reaction Time test.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3320226/What-driving-age-Emergency-stop-game-tests-reflexes-road-reveal-old-driver-are.html
 As far as applicability to driving goes not so much.
Under driving conditions an optimized or best case Perception-Reaction Time or PRT according to the Olson & Sivak study is  1.1/1.8 seconds
, from the Olson & Sivak study ("Whenever the driver is confronted with a complex traffic or highway situation and is required to make choices, judgments, and decisions, his response time may increase to 2, 3 or even 5 seconds" (p. 278).
This is obviously much different from the results produced in front of a computer under controlled conditions.
Scotty

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2016, 11:55 am »
Yeah, it's just your reaction time - you could be adjusting a radio or reaching for something the second something happens in front of you then - bam!!!

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #24 on: 9 Feb 2016, 07:05 pm »
On the first try I got 40-year old, improving down to 18-year old over the following 4 attempts. I guess reflexes are easily trained, no?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #25 on: 9 Feb 2016, 08:25 pm »
3 consecutive results of "We're not sure if you're a human".  :thumb:

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #26 on: 9 Feb 2016, 09:57 pm »
Best was 29, worst was 31. I'm 61 year old :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Scotty*

« Reply #27 on: 9 Feb 2016, 10:19 pm »
For those that think they can multi-task, I think we should up the ante and try this test while texting, that should be good for a laugh.
Scotty

borism

« Reply #28 on: 10 Feb 2016, 01:27 am »
Started with "very, very old" and got down to 33 y/o in 4 tries - not bad! If only real life was like that. :D

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #29 on: 10 Feb 2016, 04:30 pm »
I'm 54 and did a 203ms and a 215ms.

I used my index finger and the space bar.

HsvHeelFan

Folsom

« Reply #30 on: 10 Feb 2016, 05:04 pm »
On Monday I nearly killed some waste of life tweaker on an old 'Next' BMX that shot out in front of me while I was in the middle of an intersection, going the speed limit. I stepped on the brakes before I even know what was going on. I'd say my reaction time was superb. He looked at me like I did something wrong. The light was green the entire time. In retrospect it's unfortunate I wasn't driving a truck with a deer killing grille and had bad reflexes. There's a good share of terrible worthless humans around here. The TV show Z-Nation is filmed here. I guess a cast member got the town PO'd for saying something like, "this is the perfect place to shoot, it already looks like the apocalypse happened." Which is true to large degree depending where you're at. It's pretty spotty for the nice areas as opposed to having 'sides of town'.