SOLD: Soundsmith Carmen Moving Iron Cartridge- Practically New!!

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
I have for sale a Soundsmith Carmen medium compliance moving iron cartridge that was purchased new on 12/29/14 from Music Direct. For all intents and purposes, this cartridge is practically new! I would say it has somewhere around 30-40 hours of use on it. I am located in the midwest, and I have all of the original packaging, literature and stylus guard. So shipping should be a breeze. The cost of this cartridge brand new runs $800. I am selling it for $500 total, inclusive of all shipping and fees.

I am in no huge hurry to sell. But this cartridge will not likely see any more use from me, and it will remain in it's almost new state. I am a long-time vinyl spinner, and this was my first foray using a moving iron cartridge. Frankly, the cartridge sounds fantastic! So much so, that I am moving up the moving iron line to something costing 3-4X the amount. But if you are interested in trying out a moving iron, this is one heck of a steal as it gets you about 90% of the way there.

Numerous technical specs are located here: http://www.sound-smith.com/cartridges/carmen.html

I've read several reviews of this cartridge (all of which were highly positive). One of them can be found here: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue50/soundsmith.htm

Lots of great reasons to buy this cartridge. In addition to the state of the art sound and low price, dont forget that Soundsmith offers a great re-tipping service for their cartridges, with several upgrades available as well. But you probably wont be needing that for a LONG time as this cart has many MANY hours of use left.

Buy with complete confidence, as I am a very conscientious seller. You can call or email me with any questions, and I will keep you in the loop for all parts of the transaction. I have sold amps, preamps, even full range loudspeakers here on AC as well as on Audiogon and US Audio Mart. My id at all of these sites (as well as Ebay) is the same as it is here. I have no negative reviews, so feel free to look me up at any of them.

Finally, here are some pics of the actual cartridge for sale.

« Last Edit: 28 May 2015, 05:23 pm by nnck »

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
cartridge is sold
« Last Edit: 28 May 2015, 05:23 pm by nnck »