Mapleshade Bedrock Speaker Stands Review

Filmpros

Re: Mapleshade Bedrock Speaker Stands Review
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2010, 10:58 am »
It works...and Mapleshade gives you a 30 day gaurantee.

It took my Design 5 Sats and REL Sub to a whole new level. I put my sub on feet and a maple platform as well.

I checked the Mapleshade site before asking about dimensions -- all that they list is 2" thick maple. I suppose that the platform just needs to be somewhat larger than the speaker footprint, but I was wondering whether Mapleshade uses their standard size platforms for this.

Filmpros

« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2010, 11:01 am »
He is confident in what he says...because it is accurate and true. Can it come across cocky at times? Perhaps, unless you know Pierre. He is just 1,000% confident in his statements and can prove, demonstrate, and backup every single thing he says.

I am a fan of Mapleshade...listen to his recordings if you want to hear his theories in practice.

I have to give Pierre credit on this one. I called to order a more expensive stand, the rooted butress model. He was very sincere when he told me this one sounded better. I knew he would make more money on the one I intended to order first, he suggested I get the cheaper one. This is integrity.
I am sure there are many fine sounding materals. I'm sure he could make more money selling marble than maple.I have not compared, but with a 30 day audition, you can make your own comparisons.

maxwalrath

« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2010, 03:02 pm »
I've read a number of positive reviews of these stands, and it got me to thinking, why don't speaker manufacturers make bookshelf sized time aligned speakers that are meant to sit on the floor?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #23 on: 19 Nov 2010, 03:44 pm »
He is confident in what he says...because it is accurate and true. Can it come across cocky at times? Perhaps, unless you know Pierre. He is just 1,000% confident in his statements and can prove, demonstrate, and backup every single thing he says.

I am a fan of Mapleshade...listen to his recordings if you want to hear his theories in practice.

Could not agree more. They measure and test everything before indrducing to market. The Maple they use is air dried by the Amish. Why because it measures better in resonance then , Kiln dried. I use their active speaker cables and to my ears have found none better except one JPS and their prices are way up there.
  We had Ron Bauman at one of our club meeting demonstrating a complete Mapleshade system. From source to speaker . An amazing result. Live live and live. Its expensive, yes but if you can afford it, there is no turnibg back. Very impressive results.
  Try before making comments correct.

charles