Show coverage - CA Show by Dagogo, with Fritz, Zesto and Wywires!

modwright

Stereophile Blog coverage from the CA Audio Show by Dagogo:
http://forum.stereophile.com/content/easy-eyes-and-ears-fritz-speakers-modwright-zesto-thorens-wywires

We were most pleased to have our LS 100 and KWA 100SE show with Fritz Speakers 'Carbon 7's, WyWires cabling and Zesto Audio's Andros PS1 MM/MC Phono Stage w/Thorens TT.

While I was not in attendance personally at this show, I had the pleasure of hearing this same setup at the Newport Beach show and have to agree with Stephen Mejias' impression of the room.  The entire system sounded fantastic and was well balanced and exceptionally musical.

Feedback from Enjoy the Music (In The Top 5!):
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/cas_2011/page4.htm

Feedback from Positive Feedback (Thanks Dave!):
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue56/cas1.htm

Thank you to George at Zesto Audio, Fritz from Fritz Speakers, Alex from Wywires and the Press for their excellent coverage!

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2012, 07:52 pm by modwright »

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
Re: Stereophile Show coverage - CA Show by Dagogo
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2011, 03:37 pm »
Hi Dan-  It was a great show, attendees & vendors alike had a ton of fun!  Just like the Newport show, our room was filled to the brim many times.  Here are a couple pics.

See you at RMAF.  Fritz

wywires

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2011, 03:46 pm »
Hey Fritz,

Remember the group of Asian guys and gals who stayed to listen to an entire side of a Beethoven LP and then applauded at the end? Don't see that too often!

Alex

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2011, 04:43 pm »
I spent quite a bit of time with this system at both Newport and SF, just hanging out with my friends Fritz, Alex, Nina, George and Carolyn.  While the Newport setup sounded really good, I have to say the SF setup last weekend had a touch of magic to it.  It was so nice to walk into the room and be relaxed and engaged by the music rather than getting kicked in the gut or stabbed in the ear by it.  This setup delivered something that few others at the SF show did: a highly resolving, musically enagaging system that cost less than a new car.

Russ

wywires

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2011, 05:54 pm »
I spent quite a bit of time with this system at both Newport and SF, just hanging out with my friends Fritz, Alex, Nina, George and Carolyn.  While the Newport setup sounded really good, I have to say the SF setup last weekend had a touch of magic to it.  It was so nice to walk into the room and be relaxed and engaged by the music rather than getting kicked in the gut or stabbed in the ear by it.  This setup delivered something that few others at the SF show did: a highly resolving, musically enagaging system that cost less than a new car.

Russ

Russ,

Thanks again for helping us set up and tune the system on Thursday. Between Newport and SF there were a couple of changes to the cabling as well as a slightly smaller room in SF. Also, in Newport we didn't have the Tube traps we had in SF.

Alex