FS: Audio Mirror 45 watt SET tube monoblock amps

jawks

FS: Audio Mirror 45 watt SET tube monoblock amps
« on: 26 Nov 2014, 02:28 am »
FOR SALE:

$1950 obo + $75 shipping

A pair of Audio Mirror 45 watt per channel SET monoblock amplifiers. These have a beautiful all stainless steel chassis and have been upgraded with a self-biasing feature as well as an internal mechanism that shuts them down if they are overdriven, protecting the power tubes and any internal components. If a power tube goes bad, the amp shuts down and a small red light next to the faulty power tube lights up.  I would rate the condition of these amps as 8/10 using the Audiogon scale.

For output tubes, these amps each use two 6c33c's, which are used in far more costlier amps made by BAT and Lamm, and I will include an extra pair of tubes with the amps. Input stage tubes are 6SL7's and driver stage tubes are 6SN7's.

Rare for SET amps to have this type of power, and these Audio Mirrors will be able to drive almost any type of speaker. I have used them with Von Schweikert VR2s with a sensitivity of 87db into 8 ohms, and they provided more than enough power to drive these. Their sound is marvelous.  I am very reluctant to sell these, but my wife does not want tubes in our condo with our 3 year old son wandering around.

Amps (each weighs 45 pounds) come with original boxes and packaging.

« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2014, 03:35 am by jawks »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: FS: Audio Mirror 45 watt SET tube monoblock amps
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2014, 10:21 am »
I kickout my first wife for much less than that in 1988 or 87.
I sorry for you.

jawks

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2014, 11:21 am »
THanks for your sympathy, FullRangeMan.  It's really a shame, because these amps are incredibly musical.  Just hoping they can go to a good home.

jawks

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2014, 07:48 pm »
Sold