Omega Speakers And Vintage Recordings

ZLS

Omega Speakers And Vintage Recordings
« on: 25 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm »
    I have owned several pairs of Omega Speakers over the years, and one trait that they all share in common is that they allow vintage recording to really shine. 
    By vintage recording i mean recording where the word Fidelity does not enter the conversation; never mind the word High Fidelity. 
    I listen to a lot of Jazz and Blues, and some historic recording date from the 1920's-1930's. 
    There is a reason these recording are still listen to today, almost a hundred years later. 
    The music is great, the recordings are lousy.  Omega speakers allow me to hear through the recording to the majesty of the artists. 
    Time and time again I am astounded by the power of the music. 
    I cannot say that this is the reason that I purchased my Omega's, but it is more than just a nice benefit. 
    It tells me that my Omega Speakers are doing something right; and that it is all about the music. 

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Re: Omega Speakers And Vintage Recordings
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2014, 11:30 pm »
Hey ZLS,
Just to be sure I understand your post, you are talking about historic recordings re-released on CD, right? You''re not talking about listening to 78s.
Cheers,
KP

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2014, 02:23 am »
It makes sense that vintage recordings sound great through Omegas. Back then you had mono, and every playback system was mono. Omegas are old school in that sense, being crossoverless and single (mono) driver speakers. I think the magic is somewhere in this "re-alignment" of the recording era and the playback system (though obviously modernized). :thumb:

guillaume bougard

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2014, 06:54 am »
funny, but I was thinking the same thing about 70's music