Something worth trying

gme109

Something worth trying
« on: 15 Mar 2007, 03:38 pm »
I'm not trying to start a debate over this, or wish to discuss any theories on the matter, just stating my experience, and that of another Selah speaker owner, so take it for what it's worth, and decide if you want to give it a try or not, it will cost you nothing, just a little time. A while back I decided to take a cable dealers advice about speaker wiring configuration, and combine the short leads coming off the high and low pass of the crossover, to one set of binding post on the back of the speaker, there by eliminating the need for a bi-wire hook up. I think we've all done comparisons of a single run of speaker wire with jumpers, to a bi-wire hook up without jumpers, and for the most part, I found the bi-wire arrangement to sound better. This was definitely not the case when trying the above mentioned method. Going with a single run of speaker cable, to one set of binding posts was vastly superior to a bi-wire hook up, no ifs, ands or buts about it. The presentation of the music became a lot smoother and much more coherent. If you decide to give it a try, I'd be interested in knowing what your results were.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2007, 04:24 pm by gme109 »