My review of the mini buss

hitokiri82

My review of the mini buss
« on: 23 Sep 2013, 12:58 am »

Hello everyone, I would like to post my review of the mini buss. If you have not tried any of the Buss line products, I would highly recommend that you contact Dave from PI Audio Group to demo the product.

Dave recommended that I plug in all of my audio gear into the mini buss and that is what I did when I received the unit. When I did a listening session, there was a huge difference in tightness of bass and the bass notes were much more defined and fuller along with a bigger sound stage. I was able to hear subtle sounds that I was not able to hear prior to using the mini buss. I was blown away by all of this, but there was a slight problem with the treble range and it sounded somehow off. I found out that there is a 100 hour break in time and after about 24 hours of break in, the problems faded away and I was really enjoying my music and movies.

I have now had the mini buss in my system for almost 3 weeks and after the 100 hour break in period, the sound is much more open, bass is deep and tight and it removed the slight harshness I had in my highs. I have tried to listen to my system without the mini buss, but it was unbearable. It is similar to finding an incredible set of tubes. Once you hear the difference, it is difficult to go back and everything you were used to before now sounds dull in comparison.

Once again, I encourage you to demo any one of Dave's products if you had not done so. I promise you will not regret it and your music will not be the same again!

Below are details of my system, which I consider to be a low end budget system. All of these components are powered by the mini buss.

laptop
JKDAC32 DAC
Mapletree line 2b tube preamp
Adcom GFA 545
HSU HB-1 MK2 speakers
HSU STF-2 subwoofer

For ambiance(wired in Hafler circuit using secondary output from tube preamp):
Topping tp20 T amp
HSU HB-1 MK1 speakers

After hearing what the mini buss did for my system, I do regret not purchasing the Majik Buss instead, but it was out of my budget at the time.

Cheers,

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: My review of the mini buss
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2013, 04:20 pm »
Nice write up! Thanks for sharing.

I still have to write up a review of my Uberbuss... To the point though, it is remarkable. About the best thought out piece of power equipment I have ever had.

Enjoy your Mini Buss!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2013, 02:32 am »
Thanks, guys. I do my best to build things that work for a reasonable amount of money.

I do appreciate it when people weigh in on their experiences.  All too often, no news is good news.

Enjoy.  I am blessed to help.

Dave

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2013, 06:12 am »
Thank you!