Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Re: Best deal on loudspeaker kits ever.
« Reply #80 on: 9 Nov 2011, 06:00 pm »
All gone! :D

You guys are AWESOME!!! :notworthy:

As soon as I can get to them, I will be putting up another (5) pairs of X-LS Encore flat packs of which the proceeds will go to Bill Baker of Response Audio. They were hit HARD by flooding and suffered heavy losses/damages. You can read about it here - http://www.responseaudio.com/flood%202011.htm

Thanks everyone,

Ruben

This new run will be cut next week and can start shipping the following week. :D

They will be shipped via FedEx. Please use their shipping rate calculator to figure your shipping costs.

Package weight per pair is 32lbs and the box dimensions are 9" x 16" x 11. Shipping from 80233.

Flat pack donations are to be sent directly to Bill Baker's PayPal account - Response34@aol.com.

Shipping is to be sent to fallenenclosures@yahoo.com

Thanks again! 

:wave:

Ruben

tally3tally

« Reply #81 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:12 am »
hi
danny
i had contacted you a year back

i am looking for a deal on
dual sw12B and a sa1 plate amp

please give me a quote

are they in stock
can they be shipped with the group buy being organised for india

ill get myself included in the Gb subsequent to availability of the things

regards anurag

Danny Richie

« Reply #82 on: 21 Nov 2011, 04:15 pm »
hi
danny
i had contacted you a year back

i am looking for a deal on
dual sw12B and a sa1 plate amp

please give me a quote

are they in stock
can they be shipped with the group buy being organised for india

ill get myself included in the Gb subsequent to availability of the things

regards anurag

I offered a sweet deal on a limited number of SW-12B's and SA-1 amps for the guys in India on the group buy. I'll add one more to the deal if you want it but you'll be the last one. $199 for the amp and woofer.

They are in stock and can be added to it.

namac

« Reply #83 on: 28 Dec 2011, 09:02 am »
From where can we download the box plan of this speaker?

Hello Danny,
These are nice kits for very good price.
I have picked same drivers 4 nos from ebay. can i request Box and crossover drawings for them.
Also I may need your email Id for some correspondence, If you are fine with it.

Thank You
Vikram

vondoom88

« Reply #84 on: 2 Jan 2012, 09:23 pm »
 Danny,
   Thanks again for the cabinet plans looking them over now. Are all the X-series speakers 8-Ohm? Wondering because my nephew has a lower end receiver and at these prices he'll definitely be interested.

Thanks,
        Mark

Danny Richie

« Reply #85 on: 2 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm »
Danny,
   Thanks again for the cabinet plans looking them over now. Are all the X-series speakers 8-Ohm? Wondering because my nephew has a lower end receiver and at these prices he'll definitely be interested.

Thanks,
        Mark

I designed all of them to be an easy load to drive and they are all in the 8 ohm range.

vondoom88

« Reply #86 on: 2 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm »
I designed all of them to be an easy load to drive and they are all in the 8 ohm range.

Cool, Thanks!

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #87 on: 5 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm »
Ok we have pics of X-LS Original/Encore. Could we also have the pics of X-CS Original/Encore kits?

The original X-LS mini-monitor kit

Here is a pic of the X-LS Encore kit

Danny Richie

« Reply #88 on: 5 Jan 2012, 03:07 pm »
X-CS kit:

X-CS Encore kit:

pureiso

« Reply #89 on: 9 Jan 2012, 07:32 pm »
To all who have fully assembled these:

How big is the crossover?  Where did you mount the crossover in the bookshelf/center channel enclosures?

Danny Richie

« Reply #90 on: 9 Jan 2012, 07:50 pm »
The crossovers are pictured above. They easily mount in the bottom of the cabinet.

freerider

« Reply #91 on: 9 Jan 2012, 08:16 pm »
To all who have fully assembled these:

How big is the crossover?  Where did you mount the crossover in the bookshelf/center channel enclosures?

I put mine on the side wall, because that's where I found it on the AV123 cabinet.  I found it easier to mount this way, because I don't have any short screwdrivers.

Either way, there is plenty of room in the cabinet for the Encore X-over.  I highly recommend the Encore version.  My ears really like the Encore tweeter.  For me, the highs were much more 'forward' and clear over the x-cs version.

Same picture, but stuffed with polyfill.

pureiso

« Reply #92 on: 9 Jan 2012, 08:25 pm »
Thanks to you both for letting me know.

So is the crossover small enough to fit through the 5 3/4" hole for the woofer? 

I am basically going to have either a local shop or somebody else who is more up to the task to build and finish the cabinets, since I am pretty sure the WAF would be terrible if done by me.  And I am definitely going with the Encore, since the cost difference is small.

Danny Richie

« Reply #93 on: 9 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm »
Oh yeah, it will fit right through the woofer hole.

djkest

• Music and Movie lover
« Reply #94 on: 1 Feb 2012, 05:43 am »
Danny. I linked to this post and to some of the images from this thread on Tech Talk, hope that is OK with you.

More questions!
1) What is the difference between the X-Omni and the other 2-way kits? Does it have a higher crossover point, or the peerless tweeter? Trying to figure out what the added value is in the Omni kit that it costs more money. Wouldn't mind an image, if you have one available.

2) Can the X-LS work decently in a sealed alignment should you want to go that route? I realize this will effect the efficiency / extension of the low-end.

clyde69

« Reply #95 on: 1 Feb 2012, 01:55 pm »
I am thinking about buying the 1-X Voce and A pair of X-Statik's Are their any pre made cabinets for the kits in satin black with the grills. If so the cost for the cabinets?
Thanks, Newbe Clyde69

djkest

• Music and Movie lover
« Reply #96 on: 1 Feb 2012, 03:20 pm »
I guess since the X-CS center channel is sealed that this woofer does OK in a sealed alignment. So that should answer my question #2. Could take roughly 50% of that volume as a baseline for net enclosure volume.

Danny Richie

« Reply #97 on: 1 Feb 2012, 03:37 pm »
1) What is the difference between the X-Omni and the other 2-way kits? Does it have a higher crossover point, or the peerless tweeter? Trying to figure out what the added value is in the Omni kit that it costs more money. Wouldn't mind an image, if you have one available.

The X-Omni uses the Encore tweeter. http://gr-research.com/gr-t3tweeter-1.aspx

It also comes with floor spikes.

2) Can the X-LS work decently in a sealed alignment should you want to go that route? I realize this will effect the efficiency / extension of the low-end.

Sure, .5cubic feet sealed is ideal.

I guess since the X-CS center channel is sealed that this woofer does OK in a sealed alignment. So that should answer my question #2. Could take roughly 50% of that volume as a baseline for net enclosure volume.

Yep, they work great in a sealed box as well. There are a few cabinet plan links (.pdf files) posted in this thread. Or shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you some.

And welcome to AC.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #98 on: 1 Feb 2012, 03:40 pm »

I have some fully assembled X-Voce's listed here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89801.0

There are no other enclosures, but there are several guys around here that can make a pair for you.

Welcome to AC to you as well.  :thumb:

djkest

• Music and Movie lover
« Reply #99 on: 5 Feb 2012, 06:51 pm »
Couple questions:
1) Can you take a bank-funded payment from Paypal ? Fees should be less than if someone pays you normally with a credit card.

2) Are you starting to run out of any of these yet?