Audio Experience A2 - Plus for sale - SOLD!!!!!!!!

Zkidd

Audio Experience A2 - Plus for sale - SOLD!!!!!!!!
« on: 18 Sep 2017, 11:37 pm »
Greetings:

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am offering up for sale a 10 month old Audio Experience A2 Plus preamp (Y-S Audio). This is a very capable preamp. And while we all have read this line a thousand times, this really is a preamp that punches way above its price point. I have discussed this preamp with several people across the country who own these, to include one dealer, and the dealer stated that he has heard this preamp best other preamps that cost several times more. He also stated the the audio society to which he belongs has a certain love affair with the A2.
This unit is in black, as one can see by the photos. This version has the SoniCaps, Generation 1. I have owned many preamps in my time (over 15, yes, I know. It is an illness) and with NOS tubes this preamp is a marvel. And speaking of NOS tubes, I have junked the stock Chinese tubes and will include in the sale the following:
One pair of JAN Raytheon 5687 tubes (a tech at Modwright told me that he prefers the Raytheon to TungSol and so do I)
A quad of new, never used JJ Electronics 12AU7 tubes
One sleeve of five (5) NOS JAN 5814 tubes from 1968.
The secret to even better performance from this preamp is to replace the 5687 tubes with a pair of Amperex 7119 tubes. This really changes the performance level sonically. I have a pair of NOS Amperex for sale for an extra $85, and normally these tubes are at least $100 to $120 a pair.
I have also added some sound dampening material to the top of the chassis and the chassis itself.

Here is the bottom line: for my asking price of $800, I will include the Raytheons, the JJ Electronic tubes, the sleeve of NOS JAN 5814 tubes, PayPal fees and shipping to the lower 48 states. I have the box and the remote. The remote controls volume, input selection, and mute.  There are tube covers as well that I never used but I will include them if the buyer desires. A side benefit to this preamp is that if one does not want to use the 12AU7 tubes, a 12AT7 can be substituted without issue. The manufacturer prefers the 12AU7 as it is a tube that is a little more "quiet" in his opinion.
Also, to save a lot of people headaches; if the ad is still posted the unit is still for sale. If there is a sale pending I will be sure to update the ad. I do overpack things so this will be double boxed for shipping.
There is a nice review of the previous model of this preamp found on the Y-S Audio website. The nomenclature of the preamp was changed since the review, and in the review the preamp uses the 12AT7 tubes as opposed to the 12AU7.

I am a neophyte to Audio Circle but if you check my moniker on Audiogon (zkidd) you will see that I have a 100% positive rating with over 240 sales.

Please feel free to ask questions and I will reply as soon as I possibly can.

Thank you for looking....
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2017, 06:43 am by Zkidd »