WOW! Room Treatments!

prvngrnd

WOW! Room Treatments!
« on: 15 Jan 2014, 06:14 pm »
Sort me into the believer pool. Not that I ever thought room treatments were hokey, but how could some fabric stuffed panels really deliver better sound over a new component or a component upgrade? I have very little experience with different speakers, amps, etc. but I think I have a really good foundation (Songtowers, AVA T8+, AVA Insight 240+, NAD M51, SB Touch) and I am really happy with the sound of my rig. The addition of these panels has been the single best qualitative addition since the purchase of this pre-amp/amp/speaker core.

Now that I have 'treated' the room, it is FULL of sound and the bass response is deeper, more well rounded, and warmer. I know the orientation in the room is not optimal but the room has to be multipurpose and this is the compromise for allowing room treatments as I see fit. Thanks to GIK for their great product and helping me take my sound to the next tier of enjoyment. If I can move the panels to possibly make things better, I welcome any and all feedback.

Tri-Traps in the corners.

244 Bass Trap to the right of listening position

244 Bass Trap above my wife's office nook.

robcentola

Re: WOW! Room Treatments!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2014, 06:51 pm »
Awesome room. Hell, it looks like it sounds good in there!

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2014, 06:57 pm »
I think your room looks great and I'm sure it sounds that way too. Most of us don't have the luxury of a dedicated listening room so compromises are the way of life.  My system is in my living room so I guess I am lucky that I got to install room treatments at all...

Don

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2014, 07:04 pm »
Best bang for the buck in audio. Only speakers will make a more audible difference. I feel sorry for folks who don't treat their rooms first, before spending serious money on wire.

Doc

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2014, 07:16 pm »
Very classy.......

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2014, 03:39 pm »
Nicely done. Glad you're enjoying our products and most of all the music.