One more week of patience...

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: One more week of patience...
« Reply #220 on: 17 Sep 2014, 07:46 pm »
The speedball upgrade is getting rave reviews as well, a new level of performance...

http://diy.koenigs.dk/2014/03/02/bottlehead-crack-and-speedball-review/

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #221 on: 17 Sep 2014, 11:57 pm »
Thanks boys for the Speedbal links, it seems a fine tuning very good.

dB Cooper

« Reply #222 on: 18 Sep 2014, 12:57 am »
If anyone is still curious about that "ribbon cable" coming out of that "Blue Hawaii" amp , I would imagine
that is an electrostatic headphone cable from an electrostatic headphone. I think I've  heard Jude over on "Head-fi" mention this amp a few times.  I believe it has a fairly hefty price tag , the "box" to the left of it was the dedicated PSU. (If you zoom the picture out a bit you can see that the unused headphone jack has pin openings on it for the electrostatic connector)

(Actually, it is on Tyll's wall of fame over on InnerFidelity.  $5 or $6k I believe)
All correct.
Can't know how much of the overall effect was due to the amp and how much to the cans (IMJ transducers have the most pronounced 'signatures'), but the BH/SR009 combo easily produced the best headphone sound at the show IMHO. $10K for a headphone system remains a Powerball bucket list deal for me though

steve in jersey

« Reply #223 on: 18 Sep 2014, 03:38 am »
Yes, for $10 k or there about that Headphone System had better also run the vacuum & clean the house when I'm not home & then plump up the cushions on the couch I sit in while I listen to music !

Guy 13

« Reply #224 on: 18 Sep 2014, 10:23 am »
Yes, for $10 k or there about that Headphone System had better also run the vacuum & clean the house when I'm not home & then plump up the cushions on the couch I sit in while I listen to music !

Hi Steve in Jersey.
I did not pay 10K$ for my headphones/amp. combo
and my listening room is vacuumed and cleaned (By me)
and for the cushions? Well, my wife is very comfortable,
like a comfy cushion.
All that for far less than 10K$. :lol:

Guy 13

steve in jersey

« Reply #225 on: 18 Sep 2014, 06:26 pm »
I thought I was going to have an "Oops" moment because I did'nt add in some of the associated equipment that I consider to be part of
my "headphone system" that there is no question I would have little or no real interest to listening my music without , but I still come in
about a $k & half under 10.

So, I guess I really have'nt much room to talk, but that's OK ! (As Sheryl Crow said "If it makes you happy it can't be that bad"; she definitely does'nt sell that she believes that with the gloominess of the song,but songs are about catchy lyrics that sell more songs, not expressing true personal philosophies)