Hot Headphone Deals!!

Wig

Re: Hot Headphone Deals!!
« Reply #140 on: 26 Nov 2016, 04:16 pm »
Guys,

Thanks all of you for your insights! I just purchased the HE400I and was curious if these will need to be driven by an amp and if so would the same tube amps recommended for the HD600 be advisable?

Will make sure I run them for weeks before any serious listening and I can't wait to hear my first Real headphones!

Wig

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #141 on: 26 Nov 2016, 04:32 pm »
So they need to run > 30 days around-the-clock to break in? Not sure I have that kind of patience.

I am still leery of Hifiman as forums are full of tales of design and QC issues.
The small manual from the HE400 inform the breakin are 150 hours, mine are about 95 hours and the sound are great, I just would ask a bigger soundstage.
There is no QC issues on my unit purchased in 2015.

brooklyn

« Reply #142 on: 26 Nov 2016, 04:35 pm »
Guys,

Thanks all of you for your insights! I just purchased the HE400I and was curious if these will need to be driven by an amp and if so would the same tube amps recommended for the HD600 be advisable?

Will make sure I run them for weeks before any serious listening and I can't wait to hear my first Real headphones!

Wig

Congratulations and enjoy your new headphones..

With the HE-400i’s, amplification is not a must but will certainly make them sound there best.. I didn’t find the break
in period to be very long at all but I guess it all depends on how often you use them..  If memory serves me, I think
it was about a week for mine.. I don’t own a tube amp at this time but I would love to try one..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #143 on: 26 Nov 2016, 05:13 pm »
A experiment about HE400 and amps:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146311.0

Wig

« Reply #144 on: 26 Nov 2016, 11:11 pm »
Will see how they sound on my MW Marantz SA8005; my MW Sony 5400ES sounded much better than the Asgard Schiit with my Shure 840 HP!

Wig

Wig

« Reply #145 on: 2 Dec 2016, 04:36 am »
Just purchased a Schiit Vali 2 Hybrid Tube headphone amp and was wondering connection possibilities since my Tube integrated amp doesn't have a tape out. Could it be hooked up to my Marantz SA8005 CD Player or any unused input on my amp?

Thanks,
Wig

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #146 on: 2 Dec 2016, 06:55 am »
Just purchased a Schiit Vali 2 Hybrid Tube headphone amp and was wondering connection possibilities since my Tube integrated amp doesn't have a tape out. Could it be hooked up to my Marantz SA8005 CD Player or any unused input on my amp?

Thanks,
Wig
Yes, a HP amp is suited to be feed by any CD player.
Your post has nothing to do with Hot Headphone Deals.

OzarkTom

« Reply #147 on: 4 Dec 2016, 03:16 pm »
Massdrop x HiFiMAN HE-350-100 bucks :o

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he-350?mode=guest_open

I might buy a pair of these.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #148 on: 5 Dec 2016, 11:33 am »
Massdrop x HiFiMAN HE-350-100 bucks :o

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he-350?mode=guest_open

I might buy a pair of these.
Nice option at a fair price.
Question:
The yoke is the old model plastic or the new metal?

OzarkTom

« Reply #149 on: 5 Dec 2016, 12:00 pm »
Nice option at a fair price.
Question:
The yoke is the old model plastic or the new metal?

I read a lot of  reviews, many said these were bright sounding.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #150 on: 5 Dec 2016, 12:03 pm »
I read a lot of  reviews, many said these were bright sounding.
I think you are refer the old HE300, Massdrop inform this driver is new and other mods.

dB Cooper

« Reply #151 on: 5 Dec 2016, 03:03 pm »
I question how much "modding" Massdrop does to what they sell. Any changes to a mass-produced product raise production costs, making it harder to offer that product at a bargain-basement price. I am also wary of what appears to be an all-sales–final business model- no returns, murky warranty status in some cases, and difficulty getting defective items handled under warranty. I guess as always, caveat emptor.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #152 on: 5 Dec 2016, 06:01 pm »
Massdrop has actually been quite actively engaged with the headphone community, so they aren't just releasing rebadged pieces. Well, sorta technically they are, but there are enough changes to make them stand out. Plus they are working with fairly high numbers which will offset the initial production costs.

weatherman1

« Reply #153 on: 5 Dec 2016, 06:45 pm »
I bought the HE350 cans in the first drop.  Headband is metal spring steel and I do not find them bright.  What I did pleasantly get was , for $99 dollars, a good fairly well balanced headphone.  Not a bass head thumper or a really quick attack but pretty solid sound across the spectrum.  I changed the pads to HiFiman leathers and got a much better seal and feel.  The complaints are just that.  Some of the people that purchased will never be happy with detail...they want slam, apparently some thought they were planars, some broke them trying to mod them, some probably just have really poor quality sources.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #154 on: 5 Dec 2016, 11:11 pm »
Worth to mention this HE350 driver is 50mm, similar size to the 53mm Sennheiser HD800 but by $99.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #155 on: 6 Dec 2016, 07:45 am »
iSK $80, and currently being talked up on certain pro websites:
http://www.iskproaudio.com/products/hd-9999-headphones

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #156 on: 6 Dec 2016, 02:54 pm »
Just ordered the ISK 9999 for $79 free shipping!

I will let u know how they work out!!

OMG....el cheopo but couldnt resist!!

Alex

dB Cooper

« Reply #157 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:15 pm »
They have big drivers, so they must be good.

For $79 it's hard to go too far wrong. Is there a return privilege?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #158 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:22 pm »
Warranties
    iSK Pro Audio offers a 1 year warranty from defects on all the products we sell. This is not a manufacturer's warranty, iSK Pro Audio stands behind the products we sell, and if a faulty product is sold, we will do our best to rectify the problem and keep our customers happy.
   The Content included in this Web site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice as are any products, programs, offerings, or technical information described in this Web site. iSK Pro Audio makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, quality, or adequacy of the Web site or Content, or the suitability, functionality, or operation of this Web site or its Content. By using this Web site, you assume the risk that the Content on this Web site may be inaccurate, incomplete, offensive, or may not meet your needs and requirements. iSK Pro Audio SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THESE WEB PAGES AND CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL iSK Pro Audio BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-- OR Depending on State --
The information and content on this server is provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the products and services described on this Web site is provided by the advertiser or manufacturer only, and not by iSK Pro Audio.
The references and descriptions of products or services within the Web site materials are provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. iSK Pro Audio is not liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the materials on this Web site or of any of the products or services described hereon.
The descriptions of, and references to, products, services and companies on this Web site are the sole responsibility of the companies providing the information ("advertisers"), and not iSK Pro Audio.
The inclusion of material on this server does not imply any endorsement by iSK Pro Audio, which makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the subject matter of the server materials advertised.
A possibility exists that the server materials could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and alterations could be made by third parties to the server materials. Although iSK Pro Audio tries to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the server materials, it makes no guarantees about their correctness or accuracy. Before relying on any representation made in any of the server materials, check with the advertiser of the product or service to ensure that the information you are relying upon is correct.
Return Policy
At iSK Pro Audio, we have a 30 day no questions asked return policy, as long as the item is in original condition, you will receive a full refund. iSK Pro Audio will not pay for return shipping charges. You may purchase merchandise from this Web site by using any one of the payment options liste. iSK Pro Audio reserves the right to change its payment procedures at any time without prior notice to you.

mr_bill

« Reply #159 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:54 pm »
 Does anyone have any comments on what the new planar headphone  from Monoprice will be like?
Their new amps are rebadged ATIs. Are the Planars from another manufacturer?  Seems like these would be quite a deal.