Question! Oppo BDP-105 Mod Options!

dminches

Re: Question! Oppo BDP-105 Mod Options!
« Reply #40 on: 22 Apr 2013, 06:08 pm »
Just call Kristin in the office.  I am sure she can help you with that.

modwright

« Reply #41 on: 22 Apr 2013, 08:37 pm »
No problem having the hole cut and not using the big tube.

An extra cover is $55.

Thanks!

Dan

ajayrav

« Reply #42 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:02 pm »
Good to know... so if I want to use a larger rectifier tube later, I can just go ahead and order a cover with the tube cutout.  Works for me!

modwright

« Reply #43 on: 23 Apr 2013, 03:15 am »
You bet!

Dan

ricardo007

« Reply #44 on: 21 Nov 2013, 04:14 am »
one question
how to use modwright tube mods on the stereo analog circuit in the context of multichannel listening (dvd, bluray)?
i read it is possible but still dont know how to do it?
please help

modwright

« Reply #45 on: 23 Nov 2013, 03:09 pm »
I believe it IS possible, but you would have to consult the Oppo manual.  I am afraid that we (MWI) and I personally only run 2CH Audio, so I really don't know.

I DO know that others have said that this IS how the units operate and I DO believe that it is possible.

Thanks,

Dan

brgman

« Reply #46 on: 3 Jan 2014, 01:44 am »
I am not very versed in Computer and USB usage so my question is in regard to the possibilities with the 105's USB input.
Can an external drive like a MyBook be used with this input?
I was going to try but i cannot find a cable with the B style and what i believe is the mini B that goes into the MyBook.
My computer is a good 20 feet from the Oppo so i was looking for options from running a 20+ foot long USB cable from the PC to the Oppo.
Thanks for any help in advance.

mg8

• Roll Away the Dew
« Reply #47 on: 3 Jan 2014, 05:48 am »
I did some experimentation with my new 105 a couple of weekends ago.  I generally use a Mac Mini USB into the MWI-200 DAC but when I got the 105, I was interested to compare the two DAC's.  Tried the usb thumb drives (front and rear), Mac Mini into Oppo DAC "B slot", and an external spinning drive through the USB "A slots" (the horizontally flat kind).  The one requirement for the thumb drive or external drives running direct into the A slots is that it requires specifically formatted drive (FAT or NTFS: Windows based). Apple formatted drives won't be seen by the Oppo.  It also pics up album art for FLAC via gracenote but not AIFF (annoying).

Which Sounded best? I like the Modwright DAC KWI-200/Mac Mini best, Mac Mini USB into Oppo USB "B Slot" (square type), and finally external drive direct (no Mac Mini) into USB "A slots".  The down-side to using the "A slots" is the file browser of the Oppo.  It can be managed with the Oppo remote but it doesn't have a GUI as good Audirivana, iTunes, etc. 

It is such a versatile player.  This was not a Modwright Oppo 105. That upgrade is next!

I am not very versed in Computer and USB usage so my question is in regard to the possibilities with the 105's USB input.
Can an external drive like a MyBook be used with this input?
I was going to try but i cannot find a cable with the B style and what i believe is the mini B that goes into the MyBook.
My computer is a good 20 feet from the Oppo so i was looking for options from running a 20+ foot long USB cable from the PC to the Oppo.
Thanks for any help in advance.

modwright

« Reply #48 on: 3 Jan 2014, 07:05 pm »
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I have to be honest, I have only used the Oppo as a player and as a DAC via RCA or USB inputs. I have not used the other USB inputs.

There IS an Apple app however, that allows the use of table or phone as the GUI interface, rather than a monitor connected to the Oppo.  You can play DSD this way too!

Take care,

Dan

Meicheng

« Reply #49 on: 3 Jan 2014, 07:36 pm »
Dan, do you know the name of the app?  Thanks. 

srb

« Reply #50 on: 3 Jan 2014, 08:31 pm »
Oppo MediaControl for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad (iOS 5.0 or later)

Oppo MediaControl HD for iPad (iOS 6.0 or later)

Oppo MediaControl for Oppo BDP-10x  for Android

There are probably some other third party apps, but these are the ones by Oppo Digital, Inc.

Steve