Big 7 in Toronto

shawbros3

Re: Big 7 in Toronto
« Reply #20 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:57 pm »
My entire systems have been dismantled and sold to help fund a new venture.  I'm running a small Yamamoto USB DAC into a $70 pair of Pioneer monitors to help me get through the days...

I bet the Big7 HeadDac is a lethal combination of musical goodness.  The man just knows how to tattoo his customers with beautiful music.  Maybe some time down the road I will be reunited with one of his fantastic creations.

wisnon

« Reply #21 on: 21 Nov 2014, 07:41 pm »
Best of luck with the venture. It seems important enough for great sacrifice...

Geardaddy

« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2014, 05:32 pm »
Shawbros, do you have your new gear in house yet?  Avantgardes?

Geardaddy

« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2014, 05:37 pm »
Doktor, nice system.  At least you realize this: " Room Description
inadequate on many levels. old house, hardwood floor. i should coat everything in glue. The house is the weakest link."

Obsessive equipment rolling seldom fixes that.

shawbros3

« Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2014, 03:28 am »
Shawbros, do you have your new gear in house yet?  Avantgardes?

The Avantgarde Zero 1's are inflight from Germany and soon to land in our horn demo room :thumb:

wisnon

« Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2014, 01:03 pm »
I saw the Zeros twice recently at shows but they were not playing either time.

What electronics will power the Zeros?

Geardaddy

« Reply #26 on: 25 Nov 2014, 01:49 am »
The Avantgarde Zero 1's are inflight from Germany and soon to land in our horn demo room :thumb:

Very kool and very 21st century.... 8)

wisnon

« Reply #27 on: 25 Nov 2014, 02:20 pm »
I agree! I have the brochure and I need to read it! LoL

Doktorfuture

« Reply #28 on: 27 Nov 2014, 01:36 am »
I've moved now to a new place. Giant condo. Listening room is 3000 sq ft + with 9 foot concrete ceilings.

A whole new set of problems!

Rt60 is 1.1s for all frequencies.

Big rug coming. Sound absorbing blinds on 60'+ of windows xoming. Every step is helping.

I'd say I am at a solid 4/10 of max sound quality. In 1.5 years i hope with acoustics and small changes to get up to 7/10 which I think is all that will be achieved in this room.

My scale is a bit daft tho. Most systems, regardless of price, rarely score a 2.5/10.

Doktor, nice system.  At least you realize this: " Room Description
inadequate on many levels. old house, hardwood floor. i should coat everything in glue. The house is the weakest link."

Obsessive equipment rolling seldom fixes that.

Geardaddy

« Reply #29 on: 4 Dec 2014, 01:23 am »
I've moved now to a new place. Giant condo. Listening room is 3000 sq ft + with 9 foot concrete ceilings.

A whole new set of problems!

Rt60 is 1.1s for all frequencies.

Big rug coming. Sound absorbing blinds on 60'+ of windows xoming. Every step is helping.

I'd say I am at a solid 4/10 of max sound quality. In 1.5 years i hope with acoustics and small changes to get up to 7/10 which I think is all that will be achieved in this room.

My scale is a bit daft tho. Most systems, regardless of price, rarely score a 2.5/10.

Its not all bad.  The high ceilings are a plus.  There are quite a few hybrid on-wall products out there that combine diffusion and absorption: 

http://www.cascadeaudio.com/commercial_residential/acoustic_drapery.htm
http://www.cascadeaudio.com/commercial_residential/fabric_wall_system.htm
http://www.cascadeaudio.com/commercial_residential/dba_diffusor.htm

Geardaddy

« Reply #30 on: 4 Dec 2014, 01:26 am »
Dale Pitcher at Mosaic Audio also has some innovative solutions for acoustics and difficult acoustic spaces.