Is it worth it to upgrade from non-CT Treo to the CT Treo?

Drew769

I currently have the regular Treos which I run along with a pair of 2WQ subwoofers.  I had the 2WQs from my prior 2CE Sig setup, but they work beautifully with the Treos, too.  Never being able to leave well enough alone, though, I’m wondering it’s it’s worth it to upgrade to the CT version of my speakers.  Anyone spend any time with both versions?  I’m playing approximately 60% vinyl and 40% digital.

I could clean things up nicely by just dumping all of those speakers and getting a pair of Quatro woods, but I’ll never get enough out of the subs and Treos to help offset the much more expensive Quatros.  Also, the 2WQs have an additional woofer plus more power than the Quatro internal subs, so I would going somewhat backward in the bass department.

nrenter

Re: Is it worth it to upgrade from non-CT Treo to the CT Treo?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2018, 01:50 am »
I have not heard both, but I’d think you’d be better off putting that money elsewhere in your system - that cash would buy a nice bottle of bourbon and a lot of vinyl / CDs. You’re going to take a significant hit selling your Treos, and if you buy new, you’ll pay a premium. Do you find something is lacking, or is money just burning a hole in your pocket?

kettle7830

• 262-227-6443
Re: Is it worth it to upgrade from non-CT Treo to the CT Treo?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2018, 02:56 am »
This has been a question I have been mulling around for quite a while.  I was an early adapter to the Treo, and also run the speakers with a 2wq sub.   I really enjoy what I have but???  To bad Vandy does not have the upgrade path for this one.

Who has compared the two versions?