SOLD: Odyssey Lorelei speakers w/Kismet crossover upgrade

Sense63

~SOLD~
I purchased these fine speakers from another AudioCircle member this past August.  The finish is Santos Rosewood and I would rate them 7/10 due to age and a small veneer chip that you can't see from the listening position.  These were built in 2009 by Klaus and retailed for $3500.  The only reason I'm selling is because of a move out of state and a temporary downsizing of space and I don't want to have to store these at this time.  I'm basically giving these away at $1100.  They sound wonderful and I'll include a set of brass spikes (additional $240 cost) in the sale.  I'd really like to keep these in the Chicago/NW Indiana area and would be willing to deliver, but could ship at the buyer's expense. (Shipping from 60178) I have extensive and perfect feedback on audiogon under the same username, so buy with confidence.

The speakers are currently boxed up, but I do have a couple pictures from the previous owner.  If anyone needs more pictures, it may take a few days.

Thanks- Scott

« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2017, 12:33 am by Sense63 »

roscoeiii

Re: FS: Odyssey Lorelei speakers w/Kismet crossover upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2017, 03:42 pm »
Hmmm, I'm in the Chicagoland area. Look forward to pics...

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2017, 07:06 pm »
Hmmm, I live north west of Indianapolis. Can't wait to see pics.

Sense63

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2017, 03:00 am »
Pics added.

JackD

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2017, 05:05 am »
Guys the Lorelei is a remarkable speaker at Klaus' asking price and at this price an unqualified steal.  Mine, which I still have, were only moved out of their position in my Main system by a speaker that cost four times their price.  You will shocked at what this speaker is capable if fed properly. 

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2017, 07:03 pm »
I was the original owner of those speakers and the pictures are from my living room.  I am actually tempted top buy them back but my wife would go through the roof as I already have 2 complete high end systems.  The speakers are a great buy and nothing comes close to them especially for the small asking price.  You simply will not believe the bass from these speakers and the mids & highs are spot on.  I purchased the floor spikes/cones from Adona  Corp for 240.00 which elevated the speakers to another level.  The crossover in the speaker is a sight to behold, huge coils and all the best caps and resistors.  When I had originally purchased them, Klaus told me I "stole them" at the price I paid.  These are the speakers to own if you love music and an excellent deal.

Brettio

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2017, 10:53 pm »
There are some poorly taken photos of my lorelei kismets crossover, wiring and dampening in my photo gallery.  It’s safe to say that Klaus didn’t skimp and the results are fabulous.  Brett

aaron.luebke

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2017, 01:34 am »
What’s the difference in the kismet crossover from the standard crossover?

Brettio

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2017, 02:14 am »
Hi Aaron, 

Here’s an older thread here on AC where I believe this was asked/answered.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=61036.0

Below is Klaus’ response (and an appropriate end to that thread):

OK,  differences:
Kismet: 
1. base
2. Alphacore 12 g. coils for all 6 of them
3. Sonicaps exclusively
4. Mills resistors
5. Groneberg Quattros throughout w/ TS Premium mantle
6. WBT's

Things get confusing because in addition to the Lorelei Kismet there’s also a higher priced Kismet model.  Since Klaus doesn’t mention the different drivers, different cabinet, etc, that the higher priced Kismet offers I assume the differences mentioned are those between the base Lorelei and Lorelei Kismet.

Hope I didn’t confuse things more.  Brett

Sense63

Re: SOLD: Odyssey Lorelei speakers w/Kismet crossover upgrade
« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2017, 12:33 am »
~SOLD~

JackD

Re: SOLD: Odyssey Lorelei speakers w/Kismet crossover upgrade
« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2017, 01:43 am »
Congrats Scott!  Somebody got a great deal.